Friday, October 31, 2014

A Peek at My Week




It’s Friday, so it’s time for…


A PEEK AT MY WEEK

Something I loved about this week…

I have had a dream for some time – no, I’m not Martin Luther King and this is not that kind of dream. This week, the dream has come together and next week, I’ll be telling my blogging friends more about it. For now, here’s just a little “hint” of what’s to come.



You’ll have to wait until November 9th to hear more about these Three Musketeers.

Something I learned this week…

I learned the password for my new debit card. Yep, it happened again. A store’s system was breached, so the bank issued me a new debit card. Fortunately there was no “situation” with my account. However, it seems that this is happening way too often.

Somewhere I went this week…

I went to our local thrift store and purchased another Guideposts “Devotional” book so I can make another book angel. (If you missed seeing it, click HERE to see my book angel.) I’m going to put together a tutorial, complete with pictures soon. So keep watching my blog for the tutorial.

Something I created this week…

Every year I make a hand-made gift for every family in our church. It’s usually a Christmas ornament – a Christmas angel. This week, I created the sample for this year’s gift. Now I just need to duplicate it.

Something I’m going to do this weekend…

My birthday was last Sunday. We typically go out for a birthday dinner, but since it fell on a Sunday, that didn’t work out. So my two guys are taking me to one of my favorite restaurants tomorrow – Olive Garden. YUM!

Something I want to accomplish next week…

I am going to be out-of-town three days this coming week. It is a state-wide meeting. Brock is excited. We will sleep in a hotel – which means swimming each night and a continental breakfast each morning. For Brock, it doesn’t get much better than that. LOL!

As for me, I want to experience something I haven’t experienced before. Shortly after moving here over three years ago, we discovered that our church is our polling place. I was so excited to hear that because it meant I merely had to walk across the parking lot to go vote. EXCEPT… every single election since we’ve been here, I’ve been out of town on Election Day and had to go to the courthouse and vote early. This time we will be leaving town – right after we vote.

Did I take the 30-Minute Challenge this week?
What is a 30-Minute Challenge? Basically, I choose something to do – perhaps it’s an organization task that is calling out to me, or a topic I want to research, or (*gasp!) an exercise I want to try, etc. – and I set the timer and invest 30 minutes in that challenge.

Oops! No, I didn’t.
*me bad*


SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?




Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate you so much!

2 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Sounds like you've had an interesting week, belated Birthday wishes sweetie!

Warm hugs
Maarit

:: BlueInks :: said...

That picture made me laugh out loud!