Friday, September 19, 2014

Peek At My Week



It’s Friday. It’s time for…


A PEEK AT MY WEEK

1.      What was a highlight of my week?

I went to Verizon and pre-ordered a new phone!!! My iPhone 6 should arrive today. YAY!

2.      What lesson/s did I learn this week?

Perseverance pays off! I bought a storage container at Big Lots over a year ago – got two of them, in fact. And love them! So I wanted more. I’ve gone back to Big Lots MANY times, always looking for this particular item. I found them back in stock this week – and bought several! 

3.      What did I make this week?

I had been admiring a scrap of designer paper and thought it would make a fun card – without any stamping, so that’s what I did. I kind of like it…



Here's the inside:

 


4.      What have I enjoyed doing this week?

I had a very good visit with my aunt this week. I went and spent a few days with her. She is such a sweetheart – and a good hostess, too.

5.      If I could change one thing about this week, what would it be?

It’s been a good week; I don’t know what I’d change about it.

6.      What did I do for this week’s 30-Minute Challenge?
What is a 30-Minute Challenge? It will vary from week to week, but basically, I am going to choose something to do – perhaps it’s an organization task that is calling out to me, or a topic I want to research, or (*gasp!) an exercise I want to try, etc. – and I will set the timer and invest 30 minutes in that challenge.

A friend of mine was in need of 30 hand-made cards that were to be donated for a worthy cause, so I took 30 minutes and went through my stash of cards to find 30 for her. She was pleased, which made me very happy!

7.      What are my plans for the upcoming weekend?

We have several meetings this weekend… so I guess it’s going to be a working weekend.

SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?




My goals for the coming week…

1.      I need to put together a card-making activity for a group of girls (grades 1-6) who will attend our state-wide meeting in early October.

2.      I plan to organize things on that shelf that I mentioned in last week’s goals – yep, it didn’t happen yet. UGH!

3.      I’m sorting through stuff and trying to purge/organize, so I will spend some time this week working on that.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate you so much!

Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Early Espresso and Taken with Teal
Designer Paper: Paper Studio Hoot Hoot Owl Paper Pad
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones




1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a busy week Jeanette, but a lovely one by the sound of it!! Oh to be blessed with time with family, and also to be able to share our craft with others.
Blessings
Maxine