Monday, August 18, 2014

Are You Ready?


It's time to head....







We live less than a block from an elementary school... so even though my children are grown, I have many opportunities to watch the back to school activity.


Children walking by with backpacks hanging from a shoulder; school buses turning into the school parking lot; I can even hear the bells ringing when it's time for the school day to start.


So, I think the new challenge at MelonHeadz Friends is PERFECT!


http://melonheadzfriends.blogspot.com/





August 18 - 31


Theme: Back to School


I actually made two cards for this challenge, using two different sets from MelonHeadz Illustrating.


Here's my first card:



Here's the inside:



Here is my second card:






Here is the inside:










I hope you'll participate in the MelonHeadz Friends Back to School Challenge!


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!


Image: MelonHead Writers Bundle
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Red
Designer Paper: DCWV Year Round Paper Stack
Embellishment: Ribbon from an unknown vendor

Sentiment: MelonHeadz Illustrating Back to School Bundle
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Stampin' UP! Ribbon and Buttons from unknown vendors

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Perfect back to school card and that is a fabulous font on the sentiment!

Carol W said...

cute, cute, cute card.......

kiwimeskreations said...

Isn't it fun living near a school - we also have that privilege and I enjoy watching the children come and go past our place.
Wonderful cards Jeanette.
Blessings
Maxine

Emily Thubbron said...

Jeannette, your cards are beautiful. Great papers and coloring. Fantastic!
~Emily~

:: BlueInks :: said...

You are so lucky to see all the cuties on the way to school! I have a bus stop outside my office window and they slay me with those backpacks the size of their entire torso!

both cards are too cute. I really like the interior of the first card. Looks very professional, my friend!