Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thematically Thursday - CASE


I've been sporadic on my blog lately, but I've decided to try to do better. My life has been quite hectic but I always seem more able to function when I've had a little therapy with my papers, ink, and stamps.

This is Thursday - which on my blog means "Thematically Thursday" and because it's the fourth Thursday of the month, it's time to CASE a project. Honestly, these are some of my favorites - because I get to snoop around galleries and other places to see what catches my attention. This time I found my  inspiration in the SCS Gallery. Click here to see what I'm CASE'ing.

I knew I wanted to go with the world idea... and didn't find anything in my stash of stamps that quite worked with what was going on in my mind, so I googled "world globe images". WOW! I sure found a lot of options!!!

Here's the (first) card I made:



Isn't the world impressive? I did distress it a bit with black ink (since the card I CASE'd had ink distressing on it), but later I wondered if I should have done that or not. Oh well!


Like I said, I found a lot of world images and couldn't choose just one, so I chose a few instead.


This is the (second) card I made:



I like the way the globe has different landmarks on it - the Eiffel Tower, a skyline, the Statue of Liberty, the Pyramids, etc. Pretty impressive world we live in, isn't it?




Oh, and I also made a (third), (fourth), and (fifth) card, too, but I'll save them for another day.


Here's the inside of my card:



CASE CLOSED!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image: World (from Google Search)
Sentiment: Penny Black Good Wishes
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Kraft
Embellishments: Stampin' UP! Brads


Image: World (from Google Search)
Sentiment: Craft Smart Rock My World
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Kraft
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones and Ribbon from an unknown vendor

6 comments:

Sue Brandon said...

Awesome cards Jeanette, I love the world and he sentiments.

Sue Brandon said...

Awesome cards....love the world and the sentiments.

Maxine D said...

Great to see you here again Jeanette, and I must admit I love your take(s) on the original card.
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful cards- and how I LOVE the sentiment! Your CASE is closed put a big smile on my face : )

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a unique card! I like how you used the papers and created this one in the world card.

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Love all the fantastic world images you used on these terrific cards!!

Post a Comment