Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fruit of the Spirit


It's the 15th of the month... so it's time to get  our Duel on; our Dueling Darling Duel, that is.

The Dueling Darlings are a group of online friends and dueling partners who once a month participate in a duel. Each team has a hostess and the two hostesses come up with a theme and then send card kits to their respective team members. On the 15th, we show what we made. It's always a lot of fun!


This month the hostesses are Barb (for the Divas) and Deb (for the Dazzlers). They chose a sweet theme...



I (this is Barb) am writing this sheet of instructions for myself to all of the Divas and also for Debbie for all of the Dazzlers.  


Our theme for February 15th is  Feel the Love! 

With the post being the day after Valentine’s Day, we wanted the love to continue for another day……………………..

Debbie has stamped the sentiment The Fruit is the Spirit of Love for both teams to use.  She is not sure of the company who made the stamp as the name is blurred on the wood.  You must use the sentiment on your card, but you also can add any image of your choosing if you want. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and Brown along with Stampin’ Up Real Red




Here's the card I made:



I really loved the monochromatic color scheme in the kit that Deb sent. THANK YOU FOR A FABULOUS KIT, DEB!!!

I didn't use everything in her kit, but this is what she included:

Ribbons from Stampin' Up!
Doily - Wilton cake decorating
Flowers - Joann's
Lg white brad/brown brad - Stampin' Up!
Heart brads - ???? My stash
Plaid DP - Hot Off the Press - Christmas Plaid
Heart DP - Hot Off the Press - Lots of Love
"Love" DP - me & My Big Ideas

Like the earlier instructions said, I cannot read the name on the side of the stamp to tell what company it's from.









Here is the inside of my card:




As an extra challenge, our hostesses told us to write in our blog post about the special people in our lives. Oh my! I have so many - family members, friends (IRL and Online), etc. I can't possibly name them all, so I won't even try.

Let me just say this, I am so very VERY thankful for the many people God has brought into my life who bring me great joy! You are all very  important to me. And of course, I must mention my 4 closest family members, my husband Brent, my son Jeremy, my son Brock, and my daughter Brittney! I am truly blessed!!!


Now, let's go check the other Dueling Darling blogs and see what they made...


DAZZLERS


DIVAS




This is my 50th card in the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge!


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/2014-100-100-first-round-t581992.html






Thank you for stopping by my blog today!


The only thing of my own that I used to make this card were Recollections Black and Red Cardstock.

14 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jeanette I am drooling over that card - it is AMAZING!!
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Oh my friend, this is a delight to behold! Such a wonderful card design and a beautiful highlighting over this scripture.
Each part of it is just 'dazzling'! What a lovely post for your family - indeed they bring us many blessings!

So glad we're part of this amazing DDD group together! ♥

dweatter said...

This card is a beaut! It's a great sketch with all the different layers and perfect for showcasing the sentiment. The ribbon, brads, and flower complete the card perfectly.

:: BlueInks :: said...

I so love all of the layers that you created! They are paired perfectly. The colors go well and the sentiment stamp looks great. Super cute!!!

kadie said...

Wow, Jeanette! This is all sorts of gorgeous! I love all those beautiful red patterns together and the flower, hearts and ribbon are just the right touch of embellishment. Thank you for your friendship and how you bless all of us ladies daily!! ♥

Unknown said...

What a beautiful monochromatic card! Wow!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful stamp. Perfect for Valentine's day too. Love your layers inside and out!

~Paola~ said...

****WOWWWW*****
what a STUNNING multilayered card *J*! Loveeee it to pieces...soooo detailed to perfection, both inside and out and the black c/s sure makes
it pop!You outdid yourself!♥

Carol W said...

I love, this card and the dsp you used from your kit. I love how you used the kit and I am truly blessed that you are in my life.....you are an inspiration to me...♥♥♥

Barb said...

Sweet Card Jeanette! I love all of the layers and how you showcased the sentiment!

Thanks for making such a cute card with the kit Debbie sent!

Melina said...

Great layout J! I accented with black c/s also. It makes the entire card just pop! Love ya so much fearless leader! :)

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Jeanette! I'm a little late to the party but so worth it to see your beautiful card! What a terrific layout and use of the dsp to highlight that wonderful Bible verse image!! You, my dear friend, represent the fruit of the Spirit as represented in Galations 5:22,23. Thanks for inspiring me!

Darlene said...

Wow, Jeanette, you made a wonderful card with Debbie's kit!! Absolutely love the black CS between the layers, so crisp and snappy! The inside of the card is equally delightful.

You are a blessing to all of the DD's. And I am blessed to call you my friend!

Terry Ladwig said...

Love all of the layers and how you were able to use all of the different papers!!

Great use of this months kit!!!