Sunday, January 19, 2014

Only God


I am so excited to show you my card today - not because it's all that great of a card, but because of the story behind the stamp.

One day this week I received a package from my RAZZ'ing Buddy Barb. I'll admit at first I was curious - had she sent her swap cards to me way early (my swap isn't due until March)??? So I carefully opened the package and discovered GIFTS inside.... and not just any gifts, STAMPING GIFTS!

Now for those of you who know Barb and I in the SCS threads, you know we're always RAZZ'ing each other about getting PRIZES, but this was even better than that.

One of the items Barb gave m is a wonderful Gina K stamp called Only God.




I stamped it onto a very subtle designer paper that I found in my scrap file and I found some wonderful vintage papers to go with it for a simple card.




THANK YOU, BARB!!!
I love love LOVE the items you sent me!







Here's the inside of my card:




This is my 20th card for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/splitcoast-challenges-f40/2014-100-100-first-round-t581992.html






Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Quote: Gina K Only God
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stmapin' UP! River Rock
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishment: Stampin' UP! River Rock Ribbon

8 comments:

Darlene said...

I love it!!! God wanted me to hear that message!

Your colors are perfect together, making the sentiment the focal point of the card. Nicely done!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Jeanette, this card is amazing. I love the verse, colors, layout both inside and out..This is truly a work of art.....♥

Barb said...

Lovely!

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a pretty card and great message. That, Barb!

C Cruz said...

Oh Jeanette, this card is too beautiful. Not only do I love the message, but the beautiful papers you chose are just perfect.

Paula said...

I absolutely love this!!!! I need that stamp too. It's so true but I can't buy till after the 100x100 challenge. Oh my... I can't hardly wait!

Maxine D said...

Oh Jeanette that stamp is perfect!! and the way you have let it take centre stage on your card is beautiful. Love it!
Blessings
Maxine

Shari Nelson said...

Great card Jeanette, I love the message!