Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Peek at My Week




It has been a wild week this week. I had so much to do and it all had to be done before I left on Friday morning. Therefore this post about my week is going to be mostly pretty boring.

THIS WEEK

  1. I organized… the variety of books, handouts, and display items that I needed to take with me to the conference.

  1. I cooked… mashed potatoes! Okay, that may not sound like a big deal… but my guys (and me, too) love my mashed potatoes, but they are so fattening – lots of margarine, cream cheese and sour cream in them – so I don’t make them very often. It had probably been at least 2 months since we’d had them.

  1. I bought… a set of Derwent Inktense pencils. I’m so excited to try these out. I heard some ladies in the Stamp Addicts blog group talking about them a few weeks ago and had been looking for a good price so I could buy a set. I found a deal on ebay this week and ordered them. I hope they arrive soon!

  1. I’m enjoying… the time I had with my oldest son this weekend. I had to be in the Chicago area to lead a conference, so he came down from his home in Wisconsin to spend Friday evening with me. It was such fun! We went to eat at Chipotle. YUM! Look what they wrote on my burrito…


  1. I made… the deadline! As you might recall from last Sunday’s Peek at my Week, I had way too much to do to get ready for the conference, etc. this week. But I made it! And the conference went well.

  1. I procrastinated… I’m so aggravated with myself. I let time slip away and didn’t get things together for the Operation Christmas Child shoebox ministry this year. I always put together 2+ shoeboxes. It isn’t going to happen this year, though. I’m so sad.

  1. I learned… how to come home from Chicago on back roads, avoiding tolls. And the added benefit was the gorgeous fall colors on the country roads I traveled.

  1. This weekend I’m… worn out! LOL! I had a safe trip, but after 2 days of driving and leading four conferences, I just want to relax and prop my feet up.

  1. I’m working on… design team projects that are due the next couple of weeks, since we’re going to be leaving on vacation in a few days.

  1. I’m blessed… with a great church family. This week, they worked hard to host a Trunk or Treat (this was our second year to do so) and we had 282 children come to it. It was a great event and wonderful turnout for our small community.

My 30-Minute Challenge… I was behind in some letter-writing and didn’t really have time to do it this week, but there were a few people I felt like I just had to communicate with – so I challenged myself to write those three notes and get them in the mail. It was a rewarding way to spend my 30 minutes this week.

My goals for the coming week…

  1. Get two swaps finished and mailed.

  1. Put together some “card kits” to take with me to work on while on vacation –along with the Derwent Inktense pencils if they get here in time. I think they’ll travel nicely (much easier to take along than my big case of Copics) and I should have time in the evenings to try them out.

  1. Take down the Halloween decorations on our front porch.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today for my Peek at My Week post!

3 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow what a week Jeanette! You are superwoman! Hugs D

kiwimeskreations said...

Phew - I am tired just reading about your week :-). Glad to hear you had a successful conference, and travelled safely Jeanette.
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun way to 'journal' your week! You are one busy lady!!! If you come back to Chicago- let me know- maybe we can arrange a dinner or something! It would be fun to meet you!