Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Spooky


It's the 15th! That means it's time for a DUEL!

The Dueling Darlings is a group of fun-loving, creative women. We have two teams - the Divas and the Dazzlers. Each month the teams have hostesses. Those two hostesses come up with a theme and then secretly put together card kits that they mail to their team members. The team members create... and on the 15th we reveal our finished projects. How fun!

This month, the hostesses are Paola (a.k.a. Sweet P) for the Dazzlers and Judy for the Divas. There theme is...

"Trick or Treat,
Smell my feet, 
OR
Give me something
Sweet to Eat..."

Paola sent the Dazzlers a FABULOUS kit, filled with lots of papers, embellishments, images. WOW! I couldn't possibly use it all... so I picked out my favorite item (a designer paper with lots of Halloween critters on it) and went from there.

Here's a list of all the things she included in the kit...

Stamps (all from SU) : "Haunting Halloween" (cat, cauldron + 2sentiments)
                                    "Booglie Eyes" (mummy) & "Best Fiend" (sentiment)
D/P :     Wicked Fun (SU); Halloween Characters & Small Dots (both from Michaels)
                                      Black w/ silver thread (handmade DP from Costco)
Accessories : 'Boot To You' (CB folder) ; 'Black Bat's (Sizzix Die) ; 2 Halloween ribbons (Michaels) ;
                      1 XLrg orange brad by Elements/Am. Crafts ; sm. spiders from Recollections ; 
                      pumpkins dimentionals stickers ;
                      2 sets of Googlie eyes (Dollar store) ; 'Bootiful' brads from Sprinkles


Here's my card:



I loved the great big orange brad that was in the kit. I slipped the ribbon through it and attached it to the card. Then I added googly eyes to the brad for a fun look.





Here's the inside of my card:


We're also supposed to tell what we like about Halloween, how we celebrate, or something. At our house, my favorite two things about Halloween are watching Brock get excited about giving candy to the Trick-or-Treaters that come to our door. He loves the job of passing out candy! The other things that's fun is the Trunk or Treat event that our church hosts.

Now, let's go see what the other Dueling Darlings have for us...


DAZZLERS



DIVAS




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



10 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Fabulous and fun! What fun paper and a great way to accent that fabby mummy! Ingenious touch to put googly eyes on the brad and turn it into another creature feature!!! Superb!

Happy early Howl-o-ween!

So blessed to have you as a DDD sistah! ♥ you!

Melina said...

I love how you used the googly eyes! Great work J! Don't you just love that "face" paper Sweet P sent! That was my favorite piece from the kit. :)

:: BlueInks :: said...

You know I love fatty brads! Super creative to add the eyes to it. It turned out great and matches the DP perfectly. Very fun - on the outside and inside!

Barb said...

I think the googly eyes on the brad are a hoot! Love the image you used along with the perfect DSP. Wonderful card inside--as usual!

crafty-stamper said...

fantastic image and love the googly eyes,brilliant backing papers
Carol x

Carol W said...

What a fun, fun, fun, cute card. I love your style...and I love your card. Looks like you had a cute kit to work with as well. You did an amazing job with your card (as usual)...It's so fun to be back and able to enjoy your creative inspiration...♥

kadie said...

This is just fantastic, Jeanette! Love all those fun papers and the googlie eyes are perfectly spoooky!! HUGS

dweatter said...

This is a great card my friend. We shared a similar like with the DP. I love the google eyes on the button.

Terry Ladwig said...

What a cute card Jeanette! Love all of the layers and how you used the big orange brad!

I gave the mummy googlie eyes too...he's so cute!!

Tania said...

What a great card. Love your layering. And the googly eyes are awesome!