Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sending Happy Thoughts


I love a good hunt! No, not the kind that includes guns and animals... but treasure hunts. In our previous home/town, I loved going to yard sales. There were many of them each weekend, and many of them were treasure troves. At that time I had a weekly post to my blog, lovingly referred to as my Treasure Hunt posts. While out at the sales, I would search for unusual, CHEAP items that weren't intended for card-making... but I would figure out a way to use those treasures on cards. Did I mention the items had to be cheap???

Then we moved - it's hard to believe it's been over two years. We love our new home/town. However, the yard sales here are few and far between, and to be quite honest, they aren't very good. I rarely find anything I want to buy at a price I'm willing to pay.

So, I sort of quit doing the Treasure Hunt posts. But I miss them!

Fast forward to the past month. I've been trying to organize/clean my Cubbyhole - where my toys are kept. I still have some treasures that I haven't used... so, at least for this week, I'm re-instating the Treasure Hunt post.


Here's what I found:



Eyelashes
Cost: 25 cents


Now surely there's something I can use those for. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....




I see you!





I grabbed some circle punches and got to playing around. I created eyes and even the smile with three sizes of circle punches.


The size of the card base (without the eyeball sticking above) is 3 1/4" X 5 1/2". That way when the eyeball is attached above the base, it still measures the typical 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". I'm not sure why that mattered to me, though... since there is no way this card can be put in an envelope due to the dimension of the eyelashes. Oh well! I think it's cute anyway.




Here's the inside of my card:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Sentiment: Stampendous Sending Happy Thoughts
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: Recollections Black, Staples White, and Stampin' UP! Ballet Blue and Blushing Bride
Treasure: Fiber Craft Eyelashes (intended for doll-making)
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones

12 comments:

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh, sooooo cute!!!!!

FM said...

I NEED some of those..else I have to borrow Kerra's

Janet said...

SO cute!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant idea and great use for non craft items-I love it
Carol x

jimlynn said...

This will keep me smiling all day long!!! PRECIOUS!!!
Lynn

kadie said...

Cute idea! Thanks for the tip :)

Barb said...

What a stitch! Love the eyelashes!

Shelly Schmidt said...

OMG- this card put a huge smile on my face- LOVE this great card!!! What a great find!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun card love this xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love love love this Jeanette, and it had me quietly giggling as I looked.
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

Very cute and creative. I like how the package reads...not a toy...yeah right!

Tania said...

That is brilliant! Very creative. I love it.