Monday, October 28, 2013

Lookie! Lookie! Lookie!


I have a lot to show you today, so put on your seatbelt and get ready. ;)


Let's start with the Calendar Girls project.

Barb is the hostess of this month's challenge in the Calendar Girl blog group. She gave us a great challenge. THANK YOU, BARB!

Here is Barb's Challenge (in her words):


Here is the October Challenge--For me a true challenge is to try a new technique. So--that is going to be the challenge I propose to all of us.

Go to this link Technique Lovers Challenge Forum and chose a new technique to you that has a 1 or 0 in the challenge number--like TLC410 or TLC360 or any more current number (as I posed this challenge way back in January........................) The technique you pick should be one you have never tried before--and you can go back as far as you want in the forum in the posted techniques to find one to tackle. Please list the number and name of the technique you tried in your blog post. And--to make the challenge a bit harder--you cannot create a card this month! You need to think outside of the box and try a totally new technique along with a project that is anything but a card............... And--for extra credit--make a creation with a Halloween theme!

So--get your thinking caps on, check out some new techniques that you might want to try and create something other than a card that can be used for Halloween! I think this is a pretty good challenge for this month. Can't wait to see all of your "new" creations on the 28th! Good luck--Barb



After looking a the options of new-to-me techniques, I was drawn to the Heated Ribbon technique. I had never even heard of it before. I actually found it to be quite fun.


Here's my little treat bag:





As most of you have probably noticed, I'm mostly a card-making kind of gal, so this was a stretch for me.

Please take the time to check out the other Calendar Girl blogs and see what they made for Barb's challenge. You'll find the links in my left sidebar.


* * * * * 




October 28 - November 3

Theme: What's Old is New Again"

Use one of your very first stamp(s) or stamp set to create a card


I honestly don't remember what my first stamp purchase was, but I used one of my oldest stamp sets for my card...



Stampin' UP! Lovely As a Tree


I apologize for the photo. It's really not doing the card justice. The card base as well as the stamped piece are all on Stampin' UP! Bashful Blue and it just didn't want to photograph well.







The inside is VERY plain!



I hope you'll participate in the ABC Challenges "What's Old Is New Again" Challenge this week!


* * * * *



October 28 - November 10

Theme: Costume/Dress Up/Halloween


I used the MelonHeadz Feelin' Witchy Bundle to make my card...









Here's the inside of my card:







I hope  you'll participate in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 


Punch: EK Success
Ribbon: Studio G
Cardstock: from my scrap file



Image: Stampin' UP! Lovely As a Tree
Sentiment: Stampendous Thinking of You
Ink: AMuse Studio French Roast
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Bashful Blue and Early Espresso
Embellishments: Stampin' UP! Chocolate Chip Ribbon and a Button from an unknown vendor


Image & Sentiment: MelonHeadz Feelin' Witchy Bundly
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Tangerine Tango
Designer Paper: K & Company Halloween Mat
Embellishments: Martha Stewart Seam Binding and Target Brads

11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jeanette I love that tree card - that is also one of my favourites and I still use it a lot!!
The heated ribbon looks a great technique - must go and have a look at it.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

You my dear have been a busy, busy girl...and honestly I was juggling between the heated ribbon and the Hot card technique I did...(great minds think alike..lol) You did an amazing job all of your challenges...wow, I'm so inspired and impressed...hugs...

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh my....someone has been a busy girl!!!

The treat bag looks perfect for the Halloween season. I like how the heated ribbon turned out.

The thinking of you card turned out so serene. I love the colors and there is that stamp again! I swear there is so much you can do with that one.

Your 'lil witch card is so cute! The colors are vivid and fun too.

Welcome home!

Unknown said...

Wow Janette so many fab things to look at, all so beautifully designed, great work xxx

Terry Ladwig said...

Wow Jeanette....that is one long blog post filled with great cards/projects!

The CG treat topper is very cute. The heated ribbon techniques is cool too! Great job on the challenge!

Wiola said...

That MelonHeadz card is the cutest! The colours are so vibrant and cheerful and... everything about that card is cheerful really. It's really lovely. Also that ribbon is cute.

Barb said...

Three awesome projects!

I love the treat bag. I have not heard of that technique--I will need to check it out. Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month--I hope you enjoyed "thinking outside of the box!"

I also love the Lovely as a Tree Card. That too is one of my oldest sets and my most favorite SU set!

MiamiKel said...

Woohoo your blog is free at last!

And a smorgasbord of things to see all in one post, each so unique and fun! Love the candy treat back with the hot ribbon!

So glad you are a Calendah girl sistah!! Xoxo

kadie said...

Wowee! Where do I start...I think Maria VonTrapp suggests we start at the beginning. ;) I love the jack-o-lantern candy holder! SUCH a GENIUS idea! And the second card with those trees...gasp...so serene. I want to go there and enjoy being far from the city. And your 3rd card is just plain adorable! Well, it's certainly not "plain," cause that's not your style--but def adorable! Great layout and colors!! SO CUTE! LY

Danielle Vincent said...

You have such a lovely style Jeanette. Love all these cards/projects. Lovely as a Tree is and always will be one of my favorite stamps - so versatile. Hugs D

Tania said...

Terrific projects. I love how cheery the Halloween card is. The treatbag would make any kid happy. And the Lovely as a Tree card is stunning. I love the clean design;it's very elegant.