Thursday, October 31, 2013

Just a Note


It's the last day of October. Yes, October 31st. Where is the year going?

Happy Halloween!


The best part about today, though, is that it's time for the Crafters of Faith blog group to show their creativity. (We do that on the last day of every month.)

This month, Liz is the hostess. Here's her "assignment for us...

The scripture for my challenge is:
"But I, with a song of thanksgiving,w ill sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good, salvation comes from the Lord." Jonah 2:9

I love music and a "song of thanksgiving" surely pleases the Lord. Never does He speak that the songs of our hearts need to be perfectly performed to be a joyful sound to Him. So, think of some ways you can make a joyful sound to the Lord your God. The challenge this month will be to use a musical instrument image, musical score paper, musical  note brads, etc. Whatever you have in your stash that is of the musical nature!

Liz, THANK YOU for giving us a great challenge! 

Truthfully, I don't have many musical stamps/images/etc... since I can't sing (I squawk!), play an instrument, etc. I can play the radio; does that count? So I had to dig deep. I found an old old OLD Stampin' UP stamp set that I haven't used in years: Jazzed Up. Okay, that will do, I guess.





As previously mentioned, not much in the way of musical "anything" in my stash, so I used two of the stamps from the Jazzed Up stamp set to create my own designer paper. I took a lovely (subtle - pink with grungy look) scrap of DP from my scrap file and stamped the images onto it at random.




Since the backside of that soft/subtle designer paper is white, I decided to use it as my card base, too. I actually like the way that worked.







Here's the inside of my card:


Thank you for stopping by my blog for a peek. Let's head over to the other Crafters of Faith blogs to see what they've made. You'll find the links to their blogs in my left sidebar.


Images/Sentiment: Stampin' UP! Jazzed Up
Ink: A Muse Studio Seattle
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Soft Suede
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Basic Grey Pearls and Stampin' UP! Ribbon

10 comments:

Liz Williams said...

HOw clever to add those pearls to make the musical notes! I am loving all the different ways everyone is creating with their musical influences.

Barb said...

Jeanette--what a pretty card. I love the colors you used and how you layered the ovals.

Thanks for being a Crafter of Faith!

jimlynn said...

Anything to do with music makes my heart happy! VERY pretty!!!
Lynn

kadie said...

Beautiful card, Jeanette! I adore that oval against the circle shape and all that beautiful inking!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh this card just has a great 50's feel to it! That font for the sentiment is great. I like how you layered it. Perfect use of stamps and scraps. Fun card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Jeanette this is fabulous - love how you have created your 0own dp with such stunning stamping. I also appreciate the punny sentiment
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Wow this is out of the ball park! I'm like you not many stamps at all but this is super!!

Happy HAlloween and so,glad you are a COF sistah!

Carol W said...

Holy Hanna GF...this is amazing..jaw dropping amazing..love this card!!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a beautiful card- love the sentiment with all of the pearls, and love the {Pink} and the stamped BG too!

Tania said...

What a pretty card. I love the embellishing on the sentiment.