Saturday, October 5, 2013

I ♥ Melina's Style


Today is a special day - it's the day that the Crafty Gals blog group gets to CASE one of our own. I am super excited that today is all about Melina!

Melina is such a talented scrapbook and cardmaker! I looked around her blog a while, trying to figure out what I would CASE and truthfully, I was in awe. She has so many wonderful scrapbook layouts like this one and this one. Oh! and look at this one, too.

And her cards! She has created some outstanding ones... like this one. I really like this one, too. She has a variety of styles, including a lot of CAS cards. I have mentioned before how difficult I think it is to make a good CAS card, but Melina seems to have mastered that style. Look at this! Isn't it fabulous?

Sooooo... I decided to CASE one of Melina's CAS cards. You can see the one I got my inspiration from by clicking here.

I love the paper piercing, the layout, the simple images. I loved the placement of the sentiment. And I loved all the white. Yep, I loved EVERYTHING about this card.

So, I CASE'd it.




I consider Melina a good friend, so I my card to reflect friendship, too.





This is the inside of my card:



Thank you for inspiring me, Melina!



Be sure and check out the other Crafty Gals blogs to see how Melina inspired them. You'll find the links to their blogs in my left sidebar.


I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog today!


Image/Sentiments: Stampin' UP! Espress Yourself
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Marker
Cardstock: Recollections Black, Staples White, and red from my scrap file
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

CAS and so cute! Like the design you used and also that paper piercing!
Lynn

Lori Turner said...

Awesome job of CAS'ing Melina's card - you did a super job!! Your card is adorable - love the piercing!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I love the simplicity and the colors you used. They were highlighted in just the right areas!

Zella said...

Oh Jeanette - your card is so cute and your post is lovely! What a tribute to Melina!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful CASE Jeanette - love what you have done and the great result.
Blessings
Maxine

Melina said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE this card! Outstanding! You are a wonderful crafty friend and thank you for the kinds words. You got me all misty eyed. Thank you also for being a part of the Crafty Gals Blog group. BIG HUGS! :)

Tania said...

I feel a CASE coming on! I have this set and I've been wanting to play with it.