Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Peek at My Week


I want to thank those of you who stopped by my blog last Sunday and checked our my first of weekly posts entitled "A Peek at My Week". I also want to thank those of you who took the time to leave a comment here on my blog (or on Facebook, SCS, etc), letting me know what you thought of this new feature. I appreciate each of you so much.

If you missed my debut of this weekly blog post, you can find it by clicking here. That blog post includes basic information and where I got the idea to have A Peek at My Week on my blog, as well as a look at my week of September 15 - 21.

While I know these sorts of blog posts aren't for everyone's enjoyment, it did seem to help keep me on track this week, which I needed. It's been a week. While my husband was out of state I had one good night of sleep and 4 nights of not-so-great sleep patterns. I experienced some pretty major plumbing problems and after my attempts to fix them failed, a plumber had to be called. It would have been easy for me to lose focus, but fortunately I'd set a few goals for my week, so that helped.

So, let's get started with THIS WEEK (September 22 - 28)

I organized... I spent many MANY hours in my Cubbyhole, working at getting it organized and in better working condition. As you recall, my goal was to spend at least 7 hours this week doing that. I can truthfully tell you I probably spent more like 12-15 hours in there and it's looking much better. Still have some work to do on it, but I'm pleased with the progress I've made.

I cooked... very little! LOL! After all, my husband was gone. I went out to eat with friends a couple of days and took Brock out to eat a couple of days. One day I cooked a favorite pasta dish. And, of course, I fixed Brock his request of Spaghettio's or tomato soup on the days he and I didn't go out to eat.

I bought... 21 BIG rolls of toilet paper. *gasp! Who does that??? Actually, when we get low on toilet paper, I watch for the coupon our local Dollar General offers most weeks, $5 off on a purchase of $30 or more and then I go stock up on toilet paper, paper towels, and Kleenex. This was the week.

I'm enjoying... the time I get to spend with women. It's not very often that I socialize with the women from our church, so going to lunch with some of them this week was a real treat. I'll have to try to do that more often in the future.

I made... twenty-two cards and two tags. It was fun!

I procrastinated... folding towels. I know, silly! But I just never seemed to get around to it. Finally, every towel in the master bath was either in the laundry cart or the dryer, waiting to be folded, so I had to do it. Brock helps! I fold the towels; he folds the washcloths. And he puts them all away. I love my helper!

I learned... how to fix the commode! Oh, you don't even want to know. But Brock commode had a mind of its own. It kept running and running and I had to lift the bobber thing (my non-technical term) inside every time he flushed it. Then it got even worse and I'd lift it; it would stop running, and then five minutes later, it would start running again. So, I looked at  it and thought it couldn't hurt to try, so I got a screwdriver and tightened the screw. Voila! It worked! I might add, this all happened the day after the plumber was here to fix another plumbing problem.

This weekend, I'm... tired! (I really haven't gotten enough sleep this week.)

I'm working on... still putting together the final plans for the conferences I'm leading.

I'm blessed... when my husband came home, he brought me a burrito bowl from one of my favorite eating establishments: Chipotle Mexican Grill. YUM!

My 30-minute challenge (I had 30 minutes to spend; how did I spend it?)... I organized/purged the shelf behind my desk that holds my often-used papers, books, etc.



Here are two BEFORE pictures:










What a mess!


Here are two AFTER pictures:







 Doesn't it look so much better???

The first AFTER picture shows the left side of the shelf. These are the items I'm using to prepare for the November conferences I'm leading. The second AFTER picture is the right side of the shelf. It has my weekly Bible Study tools (I teach the oldest Ladies Sunday School class in our church) as well as my address book and other items.

My goals for the upcoming week...

  1. I need to re-pot the hen and chickens plant that is on our back patio, as the current pot has crumbled. I bought a pair of boots at the thrift store and plan to plant the hen and chickens in them. Wish me luck! I'll try to take a picture to show you next week.                                                              
  2. I want to put the new-to-me comforter and bed skirt on our bed. My husband brought it home with him from his recent trip. It is a big job to change bed skirts on our bed, but it will look nice when I get it done.
  3. Okay, I enjoyed watching the Elvis movie this past week (King Creole) so I'm going to watch another one of his movies this coming week.
It will be a short week, so my goals are pretty easy. I will be gone Friday and Saturday.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have had such a busy week! Glad you were able to fix the plumbing issue- I joke that You Tube has video's for everything! Also glad you had time for lunch with friends!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I am so sorry for your plumbing issues! I am glad that you were able to get them fixed, professionally and personally!

What a fun thing you are doing on your blog. I enjoy it! I am also glad to see that you could part with the book Word 2000! Oh my goodness! LOL

Have a great week....

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Jeanette - I enjoy your weekly review 0 and well done on the plumbing front :-).
Blessings
Maxine

~Paola~ said...

U sure have been very busy!!! Honestly don't know HOW you can do it ALL, including a weekly diary blog! I love reading it....but must tell you...that those shelves looked good even before looking great!! Hopefully all your plumbing problems stay in the past from now on...Great start *J* looking forward to more....but I DO MISS your wonderful 'treasure' finds....;o) ♥

Barb said...

Way to go Jeanette--you accomplished quite a bit this week--and fixed a commode along the way!

Zella said...

I love this post!!! Can I use the same format on my blog? :)