Friday, July 26, 2013

Gratitude


A few days ago I was trying to make a card for the Virtual Card Club that I host each month. I wanted to play with a product that is new to me... Splash! (Just the name sounds like great fun, doesn't it?)

You know the kind of product I'm talking about - it's spray ink. It can't be that difficult to use, right? WRONG! I discovered very quickly that it is MUCH TOO EASY TO SPLASH TOO MUCH.

Take a look:




Yes, this is definitely too much splash!


So... I tried to use a different technique on the next piece. I sprayed off to the side first and then gently sprayed a wee bit onto my sentiment.




Much better!

A Little Splash Goes a Long Way!




GIVE THANKS!


Not wanting to let my efforts go to waste, I decided to make a card with my less than ideal attempts at using Splash. I am sure you'll be glad to hear that I ended up not using these for the Virtual Card Club. LOL! If you want to see the card I made for it, click here. (You'll notice there isn't any Splash on it at all.)









Here's the inside of the card:





Thank you for stopping by my blog today!




Image & Sentiments: A Muse Studio Give Thanks
Ink: A Muse Studio French Roast and Orange Splash
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Chocolate and Staples White
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishment: Brad from an unknown vendor

6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

You know me- always gotta try new techniques- and I am loving Splash! I love this card : )

MiamiKel said...

It came out splendid, Jeanette! It has just the right burst of color, IMHO :) Awesome card!

kiwimeskreations said...

I LOVE that panel that you said had too much Splash on it - it is wonderful - as is the inside panel :-)
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

Jeanette, that's just exactly the right amount of Splash!!! LOVE IT!!! What a great card for Thanksgiving too.
Lynn

Darlene said...

Well, I really LIKE the panel with the bold splash! It draws the eye to the sentiment and makes an impression! Beautiful fall colors, love them!

This Splash looks like fun...maybe I will have to give it a whirl. Thanks for the inspiration!

Zella said...

Jeanette, I've never heard of "Splash" but sounds neat. And gee, your "not great attempt" did make a lovely card!!!!