Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fishers of Men

Today I have a simple, masculine-looking card.




"Come,  follow me," Jesus said,
"and I will make you fishers of men."
Mark 1:16-18







I thought it added interest to place a bordered strip of the same striped paper on the card - only with the stripe going the opposite direction.





This is the inside of my card:




The strip of paper has fishing lures stamped onto it.


This is my 60th card for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



Images & Scripture: Our Daily Bread Fishers of Men
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and Paris Dusk
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Buckaroo Blue, Early Espresso and Natural White
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones

5 comments:

April said...

Love the contrast of the stripes!

Great card.....there are so many ODBD stamps I would love to own!

kel Acopan said...

i can't believe all you did was turn those stripes on their side and came out with such an awesome card!!! i'm definitely going to have to try this!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Jeanette - the colours, the way you turned the stripes - just fabulous!
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great tie in from the image to the sentiment. Love the masculine colors. That DP is just perfect.

Melina said...

Gorgeous masculine card. :)