Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Measure of a Friend

It's the first Craft Us Crazy challenge of the year!


January 3 - 16
Theme: Something New and/or Inspiration Photo


Here is the Inspirational Photo:




The sponsor for this challenge is a new one to Craft Us Crazy - Ginger Blossom Designs.



Jessica Lynn, the owner of Ginger Blossom Designs is offering a fabulous prize package to a lucky participant in the challenge - a tote made with fabric matching the inspirational photo. Isn't that fun!?!?!?! THANK YOU, Jessica Lynn!

You can find more details about the tote on the Craft Us Crazy Challenge Blog.

I love to sew... so as soon as I saw the inspirational photo, I knew I wanted to use a sewing theme on my card. Then I went to my Cubbyhole - my VERY COLD (unheated) craft space. Could I find a sewing-type of stamp? Not on your life. I'm sure there's one there, but it was too cold to keep looking. LOL! Did I let that discourage me from my original idea? Of course not!

I went to my computer and looked for a free image and found a really cool clip art of a sewing machine and measuring tape. I had my plan. ;)




I did have/find a great designer paper pad in my Cubbyhole - entirely sewing related - so that was easy. (I know! I know! My friends say I have way too much DP!) And of course I also have lots and lots of buttons, so I used buttons for embellishments on my card.




I wanted something for inside... Soooooooo I went back to my computer and googled for a quote to use... something to do with the measure (tape measure) of a friend. I found what I wanted and computer-generated it for the inside of my card.




One measure of friendship
consists not in the number of
things friends can discuss,
but in the number of things
they need no longer mention.



I really do like how this card turned out. And I didn't buy a thing for it, so it counts as my Card # 3 for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.




Now it's YOUR turn! I can't wait to see what you'll create for the Craft Us Crazy Challenge!


Image: computer freebie
Sentiment: computer-generated
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Pink Pirouette
Designer Paper: Paper Studio Yarn & Thread Emporium Paper Pad
Embellishments: Foof-a-La Buttons

11 comments:

Darlene said...

This is simply fantastic!!! I adore the front, what fun DP and a great image, and the buttons are perfect!! The quote on the inside is just made for this card! Wonderful card for the challenge and perfect for the 100 Days challenge too!

Janet said...

LOVE your card!! That verse insisde is SO neat!! You really met your challenge!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh buttons! I see buttons! Me love buttons! :) Great card, perfect for the friendships sewn together - great job continuning the 100 challenge! Woot!

Tammy said...

Great card inside and out! Super take on the challenge too!

kel Acopan said...

great job jeanette. i LOVE to sew but can barely sew a straight stitch lol.

kiwimeskreations said...

Jeanette this is amazing - love every little detail, and that quote is so true!
Blessings
Maxine

Melina said...

J you nailed the inspirational pic! Great card :)

Gardner's Basket said...

Perfect!! Can one have too much DP? I don't think so. Your sentiment is beautiful and the layout is fantastic. Nicely done.

:: BlueInks :: said...

You are so right with having the right DP! Wow, this is just perfect.

jimlynn said...

So colorful, fun, and bright! LOVE those buttons on here. Outstanding!
(Oh, and I hear ya on the cold crafting spaces too!!!) LOL!
Lynn

~Paola~ said...

L*O*V*EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this card!!!!!! absolutly amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!♥