Friday, January 11, 2013

M-I-C-K-E-Y....


M-O-U-S-E!

I love Mickey Mouse and all things Disney. Some of my fondest memories, both from my own childhood and during the years when my own children were young, are trips made to Disneyland and Disney World.

So when I found these earrings at our local thrift store, I had to buy them...




I was pretty sure they would become a TREASURE HUNT embellishment.

I got to digging around, trying to find a perfect stamp/image to use with this treasure. It didn't take me long to discover I had a Mickey-themed MelonHeadz image that would work great.




Aren't those kids adorable with their Mouse ears!!?!?




I used an Image Tree sentiment stamp on the inside of my card...




I hope my card brightens your day!





If you're keeping track, this is my 12th card for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.


Image: MelonHeadz Illustrating
Sentiment: Image Tree Brighten Your Day
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Crushed Curry and Real Red
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Treasure: Mickey Mouse Earring from local thrift store
Embellishments: Spare Parts Brads

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Cute card Jeanette - and the absolute PERFECT embellishment! So cute!
Lynn

Sharon said...

Cute Card!! We love Mickey too!!!

Laura said...

This is adorable! Super cute image, and the colors and charm are perfect... what a clever way to repurpose a great find!

kel Acopan said...

super cute jeanette!!! we leave for disneyland on tuesday so everything disney gets me more and more excited to go! and that earring is the perfect embellishment for this card... who knew?!?

Barb said...

Too darn cute--love the added "ears"!

Athina said...

Great way to use earrings! They are perfect for this card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous find and great card Jeanette. Love how you have used the 'find' too!
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

This card is sure to brighten anyone's day! Such cheerful colors and sunny DP, the ADORABLE image and the fun embellishment!! Woo hoo on card #12!!

maryrose said...

Wow, that is clever usage of the earring! It went perfectly with the stamp! Great job!

Jacquel said...

This is an awesome card girl! Love how you decorated the inside...TFS!!!