Monday, January 14, 2013

Inspired to Create

It's time for a new challenge at ABC Challenges.



January 14 - 20


This challenge is a Photo Inspiration Challenge. Participants are asked to make CARDS (remember, ABC Challenges is all about CARDS) that is inspired in some way by this photo...




Isn't that beautiful red cardinal striking nestled there amongst the snowy branches?

I decided to go with a snowy card with just a touch of red.




My card features to different embossing folders - both made by Sizzix.

And look at this...




I added two little bread clip thingies to my card. I even stamped a red snowflake onto the white one.





The inside of my card has a little bit of fun, too...




I do love that snowflake embossing folder.

The little snowflake on the bread thingie and the sentiment inside are both part of a very old Stampin' UP! stamp set that I've owned for a long time.

Speaking of which... everything on this card is from my stash, so it's my 15th card for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.



Now it's your turn. I can't wait to see how the picture inspires you! I'll be looking for your link to your card on the ABC Challenges blog soon.



Image & Sentiment: Stampin' UP! Cold Play
Ink: Memento Lady Bug
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Real Red and Staples White
Embossing Folders: Sizzix Snowflakes and Swirls
Found Item: A Small Red Bread Thingie and a Large White Bread Thingie
Embellishments: JoAnn's Red Organdy Ribbon and Red Brads from an unknown vendor

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful card, love its elegance!

Jacquel said...

Your card is just oozing with awesome texture Jeanette! I LOVE it...great job with the inspiration photo Hun!!!!!

Patty Gorka said...

I love how this turned out, Jeanette! I really like the different embossing folders you used and the pretty red ribbon is perfect!

jimlynn said...

SUPER!!! So classy and elegant looking. Gorgeous card.
Lynn

kadie said...

Awesome take on the inspiration photo, Jeanette!! Love love love the use of the bag tie too. You're so clever!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the texture on this card and the ribbon and also you clever girl the inside too

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- love the simplicity and elegance! I would love to get some snow here- we have only had a dusting- so unusual for our area!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh, I really like it! All of the textured white makes the bits of red pop!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful card Jeanette - a great take on the photo!
Blessings
Maxine

April said...

Very Kool Kard!

Sharon said...

That card is too cute!!! Exactly how I would have invisioned it!

Lori said...

The red, kraft, and mixed embossing are so pretty together!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Jeanette

I love a card that is so "tactile" - the ones which FEEL as nice as they look. Very Nice!

Thanks for sharing. You sure are one busy Gal!

Blessings,
Barb

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh Ha! I thought that was a bread clip thingy and had to pop into your blog to see if I was right. How creative and cleverly "green". I've had lots of fun looking through all your fabulous cards that you've made lately. I'll have to visit more often since you are so busy. Love your style gal. Hugs. D