Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm Back...

... I hope you enjoyed my Year In Review post, that was on my blog this morning. But I'm back for a second blog post today. Why? Because I decided to participate in the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge on SCS. (My friend Pansy is encouraging everyone to do so, and I didn't want to miss the fun. LOL!)




The idea is to make a card every day for 100 days - without buying anything. Use what you have! (If you run out of adhesive, you can buy that, but otherwise, no shopping allowed.)

Truthfully, I have enough STUFF to make a million cards... so I can do this. ;)



Here's my first card:




I'm embarrassed to say I've had this Penny Black stamp set for quite some time - and it has never seen ink before today. In fact, it was adhered pretty tight to the plastic packaging. I wasn't sure I was going to get it loose without tearing the clear stamp. UGH!




Here's the inside:




I decided to go with a birthday card, since I need to get some BRAK birthday cards in the mail and have gotten quite low in my stash.

I sure hope I did Pansy proud.


Image & Sentiment: Penny Black Paint the Town
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx, and Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Crushed Curry
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishments: scrap of black grosgrain ribbon and Michael's rhinestones

10 comments:

Zella said...

You're going to have to use this set more often cause this is an adorable card!

Darlene said...

I think you did Pansy plenty proud!! Such bright and fun colors, love the balloons! And the plaid DP - oh my, how pretty!
Cute, fun little birthday kitty and fun sentiment to match. Great job on card #1.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card - just fabulous Jeanette. I think I could do the challenge with the supplies I have, but the time factor would be an issue :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Athina said...

What a great card and so colorful! Good luck with the challenge!

~Paola~ said...

what an adorable card and sweet kittie image to start off this first day of a brand new year! Love the sentiment too and absolutly *L*O*V*E* your choice of d/ps and the very clever punched corner....just perrrrfect!!♥

Janet said...

LOVE your card!! It is so cute & happy - I know whoever gets that card will love it!!

kel said...

wonderfully done!! that kitty is ADORABLE!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh, I am afraid you might run out of DP on your challenge! **wink** Your card is so cute. Looking forward to seeing your future challenge cards.

Melina said...

love the bright yellow and rounded corners :)

Heather said...

Cute card--I love how the upper rounded corner of the image mirrors that of the card base.