Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I ♥ You!

Today is a special day. It's January 9. Twenty-six years ago today - at 6:01 AM - my daughter was born. She means the world to me!

(I ♥ you, Brittney!)

So, today's blog post will go live at 6:01 AM and it is dedicated to my favorite daughter!




When I saw this MelonHeadz image, I immediately thought of my daughter. (And yes, Brittney, I know it looks like she's a blond, but I actually colored her hair brown - it's just a lighter brown than yours and doesn't show up very well in the photo.)



I don't know if you've checked out MelonHeadz Illustrations yet or not, but you should. They are such fun!


Here are some more pictures of my card:





In case you're keeping track, this is my 10th card for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.





Image: MelonHeadz 2012 Earth Day Freebie
Sentiment: Unity Out of This World
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers
Cardstcok: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Wild Wasabi
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones

12 comments:

Gardner's Basket said...

Excellent card Jeanette!! I know Brittney is going to love it! The colors you used are great. Thanks for the inspiration!

April said...

Very cool card! And a very Happy Birthday to Brittney!

Jacquel said...

This is so cute Jeanette! Love the image you used....Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!

Tammy said...

Super cute card and a very happy birthday to your favorite daughter!

kadie said...

Awwwww, Happy Bday, Brittney!! What a fantastic card for your DD!! HUGS

MiamiKel said...

Super sweet! I looks like the perfect card for a teacher! (at least if my old memory serves me, she is a teacher!) Lovely coloring - the paper is .... your perfect match talent! Lovely card tribute to your "baby" :) x0x0

Liz Williams said...

This is adorable. Love the papers you coordinated with this.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute care Jeanette - and a testimony to your love for your daughter.
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really cute card. Love the different image. I am sure that Brittney will love it and her special day too!

kel Acopan said...

oh how adorable!! happy birthday to your daughter!! she's so lucky to have such a sweet birthday card!!

kel Acopan said...

oh how adorable!! happy birthday to your daughter!! she's so lucky to have such a sweet birthday card!!

maryrose said...

That is a seriously cute card! LOVE that image!