Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Challenges Galore!

If you're here for a DUEL - a Dueling Darlings kind of DUEL - then please scroll on down. It's the post immediately following this one or you can click here to go directly to that post.


Today is Tuesday. That means it's time for a new {PIN}Spirational Challenge and a new Twisted Tuesday Challenge. You'll find the details for both of them in THIS blog post, as well as cards that I created for each of them. I certainly hope you'll decide to participate in both of them this week!

Okay... let's get started.





January 15 - 21


Crafters are to create projects with this photo as inspiration:




{PIN}Spirational Challenges has two sponsors this week. Beccy's Place and Stamp Art Design. I had the privilege of working with a Stamp Art Designs image to create my card. THANK YOU Stamp Art Designs. I love love love the adorable image you gave me tow work with!




Prize Package Donated for the Challenge: 5 Digis to a lucky participant


Here's my card:






Here's the inside of my card:




Now let's check out what's happening at Twisted Tuesday Challenges this week...




January 15 - 21

Theme: Off the Beaten Path

Someowhere on your creation you need to "off stamp". You know - like a flower stamped off to the side of your cardstock and only seeing part of it on your creation.

The Twist: the "Beaten" part of the Challenge... crumple up something.

I'm not talking distressed edges.  I'm talking about something really crumpled and/or even torn.


Here's my card:




It's kind of difficult to tell, but the strip that runs top to bottom on my card is the "crumpled" feature. I took a strip of Stampin' UP! Soft Suede cardstock and crumpled and crumpled and crumpled some more. Then I flattened it out a bit and lightly inked it with a Versamark ink pad to make those crumpled ridges show up more. It's kind of fun doing this. Like the way it looks, too.




Here's the inside of my card:




These two cards are my 16th and 17th card for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.




Now, don't forget to participate in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge and the Twisted Tuesday Challenge this week. I want to see what you make.

And please scroll down to the next blog post (my other post for today) to see what the Dueling Darlings are up to this month.



Image: Raggedy Girl Sprinkled with Love
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Staples White
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Special Feature: Stampin' UP! Paper Piercing Pack
Embellishments: Comex Ribbon and Spare Parts Brads






Images and Quote: Stampin' UP! It's About Time
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and Versafine
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Soft Suede
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones and Stampin' UP! Black Grosgrain Ribbon

15 comments:

marsha said...

Wow, you really met the theme of both challenges! Love both of your cards, it's always fascinating to see different interpretations.
Hugs,
Marsha

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Loving what you've created with Raggedy Girl, Jeanette! The colours are fabulous. Your card is gorgeous! It's such a pleasure to hear that you enjoy the image. It's my delight to sponsor your challenge. xx Kathy

Ana Carolina Little said...

Jeanette, two beautiful cards. The first one goes perfect with the challenge!!!. Love that image. Well done!!!

jimlynn said...

GREAT cards! Love the feel of the second card and the cuteness of that first one!
Lynn

Barb said...

Cute Cards Jeanette--I think the image on the first one is too darn sweet!

:: BlueInks :: said...

The colors and the image you chose for the PIN challenge are just perfect! Super cute.

I really like the natural feel of the 2TC card for this week. The cogs on the interior are perfectly placed.

A great crafting day!

Tammy said...

Both cards are sensational but I love, love the little raggedy cookie maker!

kiwimeskreations said...

Another two great cards Jeanette - I enjoyed your take on the inspirational challenge, but the Twisted Tuesday one is amazing - love what you have done and the result is a great masculine card.
Blessings
Maxine

Melina said...

Love these! Great cards J :)

Athina said...

Love the Pins card, the design is great! The TT card is so simply elegant.

Carol W said...

Oh my Jeanette...I love both these cards and I caught the crumpling right off the bat...what a great technique giving that strip an amazing interest...great job on both of these masterpieces...((hugs))

Shari said...

Hey Jeanette, I love that cute Raggedy doll image, and it goes so well with the pinspirational image!

Margaret said...

Great cards. I do love the heart cookies and a great sentiment.

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Love your Pins Card, Jeannette! So sweet the image is great! Your other card is lovely too, awesome sentiment! :)

Mel xx

kel Acopan said...

great job on both jeanette!!!