Monday, January 21, 2013

Challenge; Challenge

Today is a CHALLENGE'ing Day. I want to encourage you to participate in two challenges - the ABC Challenges (All Beautiful Cards) and the MelonHeadz Challenge, a brand new challenge.


Here's the card I made for ABC Challenges:




Because Patty (the owner of ABC Challenges) has a birthday this week, as well as her husband and her youngest daughter, she selected a BIRTHDAY CARD theme for this week's challenge.



January 21 - 27

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Patty (& family members)!





I liked the scrunched look of the ribbon treatment. Here's a close up view...








Here's the inside:



Be sure to participate in the Birthday Card challenge at ABC Challenges this week.


Now... as I told you, I have another challenge to tell you about. It's the MelonHeadz Challenge, and it's super easy. All you have to do for this challenge is use a digi somewhere on your card/project.


I used two adorable FREEBIE MelonHeadz images to create my card.




Isn't he cute?






The other image I used is inside my card:



Be sure to check out all the details on the MelonHeadz Challenge and play along; there will be a PRIZE given to one lucky participant. YAY!!!


These two cards are # 23 and 24 in the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.




Thank you for stopping by my blog today!


Image & Sentiments: MFT Pure Innocence
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, and Copic Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Kiwi Kiss
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Stampin' UP! Kiwi Kiss Ribbon and Buttons from an unknown vendor


Images: MelonHeadz
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: Paper Company Boysenberry, Paper Studio Kraft, and Recollections Black
Designer Paper: Paper Studio Spoiled Rotten Paper Pad
Embellishments: Brads from an unknown vendor


11 comments:

Zella said...

You're cards always amaze me. I've never thought of doing that ribbon treatment - now I'll have to give that a whirl. Love how you always take the time to make the inside of the cards as special as the outside. Love the puppy image too...way too cute!

Darlene said...

The birthday card is oh-so-sweet!! Of course I love the little bird on her shoulder!!! The floral DP panel with the scrunched ribbon is very, very pretty! The scrunched ribbon shows off it's silky lusciousness! (is that even a word? LOL) Very, very pretty!

The MelonHeadz doggie is adorable! Love that DP and the paw brads! The doghouse inside is too dang cute for words! Great job on the challenges and the 100 cards in 100 days!

Melina said...

these are so cute! I love what you did with the ribbon on the first card. The image on the second card is adorable. I love the panels of card stock you put behind the image :)

Anita said...

Amazing cards! I love how you did the inside.

Athina said...

Jeanette, these are both so cute! I love the ribbon in the first one and the paper piecing!

Laura said...

Jeanette, your cards always have amazing details! Love your embellishment choices and layout on both of these!

Barb said...

Jeanette--both of these cards are awesome--I love the designs for both!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Jeanette - your cards are fabulous - as ever.
Blessings
Maxine

kel Acopan said...

great job jeanette!! i love how you scrunched up that ribbon!!

Rosie Gustafson said...

Wow you are on a roll, so many cute cards. I really like your ABC card for this week. So many wonderful layers, just gorgeous, Jeanette.

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Jeanette - you have been very busy once again making so many beautiful cards! I love this terrific birthday card - the paper pieced dress is just too too cute! Keep up the beautiful card crafting - I'm having lots of fun following you and getting inspiration. Hugs. D