Friday, January 4, 2013

Bear Hugs

Okay, if you remember, one of my Crafting Goals for 2013 is to CASE a project from Pinterest each month. Not being one to procrastinate (yea, right! I procrastinate all the time!) I got right to this.

I chose a card that I had pinned to my Cards board and got to work.

Here's the card I made:





Here's the inside:



I can't say I'm crazy about it, but it's okay. Certainly was a fun sketch/layout - and it stretched me by making me use/set two eyelets. EEK!!! (I never use eyelets!!! But I do have eyelets in my stash.)

As you can see, there isn't any stamping on this card. It's all about designer papers and embellishments, including some fuzzy bears and a bear hug sentiment that were gifted to me by one of my online friends.

Come to find out, the original card that I CASE'd was pinned from the SCS Gallery. You can see it here. I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Arizona Maine for inspiring me!!!

The products I used for this card were all from my stash so this counts as Card #4 in the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge.



Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Handsome Hunter
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: Jolee's Boutique Bear Hugs and Eyelets and Ribbon from an unknown vendor

15 comments:

April said...

Hey, I see it! Great card...that bear is so fun!

maryrose said...

Jeanette, this is so fun! Bears are so cute for winter "hibernation" cards, and I love the sentiment that goes with it. Great job!

Darlene said...

WEll you may not be crazy about it, but I surely am! What a sweet bear and the papers are fun. I think it's a great card!

Unknown said...

well i think it a fabulous card....totally cute too hugs sassyxxxx

kel Acopan said...

i think you did a great job!! that bear is such a cutie!

stamp-color-and create said...

This is a great card, Jeanette! The little bear is so cute hiding in the grass, lol. I love the DP you chose. I see you are doing 100 cards in 100 days challenge. I tried that last year and didn't get very far. I might try again but right now my head hurts too much to think about it, lol. Enjoy the weekend, friend.

Anonymous said...

What a cute card. The sketch is very creative. I love the color combination. Great card! You didn't procrastinate too much !

Lori said...

This is cool and that bear is adorable! Love the inside, too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Very sweet Jeanette - love the bear and the colours are so strong to go with him.
Blessings
Maxine

Sharon said...

Very Cute Card!!

Athina said...

Jeanette - I love how this ties in the front! Very cute!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Super cute! I love how you tie the card together through the eyelets.

Christine said...

I just love this project, inside and out.

~Paola~ said...

fun fun card...love how U used the eyelets too...clever 'door'!♥

kadie said...

This card is SO SWEET. I love the bears, the colors, the LO and that fabby idea for grass! Another great one, Jeanette!