Friday, October 26, 2012

Let It Snow!

Not really! I'm not ready for snow yet. ;)

But I made a snowman card for Barb's Snow'y card swap.


Here he is:




Barb required the use of glitter on our cards... and I can NOT do glitter. It sticks everywhere except on the card. UGH! So I chose to use a strip of that red double-sided sticky tape. Ran it down the side of my card (inside, actually) and then sprinkled glitter on it. I think it's holding. YAY!

I trimmed away a small bit of the card front so the glitter could show from the front, too. Aren't I smart? LOL!

I used Copic markers to draw (freehand) the face on the snowman. And I used square punches and then rounded the corners for the snowmans body.


Here's the inside of my card:




Sentiment: Let It Snow (vendor unknown)
Ink: Tsukinek Brilliance Mediterranean Blue and Copic markers
Cardstock: Paper Company Black and Staples 110 # White
Designer Paper: Colorbok Blue Frost and Paper Studio Four Seasons Paper Pack
Embellishments: Offray Crochet Thread, Stampin' UP! Glitter and Soft Sky Stitched Ribbon, and a snowflake brad and button from unknown vendors

8 comments:

kadie said...

Cute Cute CUTE Snowman!! You keep coming up with the most clever pumpkins and now snowmen too! Love that snowflake brad on his hat too.

HAPPY HAPPY BDAY, my friend!! I'm running through all the threads (and blog now) saying it :) Sorry, I wasn't able to be online early this morning. ♥♥♥

kiwimeskreations said...

Nice on Jeanette - love your construction of the snowman, and your use of glitter!
Blessings
Maxine

Athina said...

What a sweet snowman!

Darlene said...

What a great snowy card, and YAY for the glitter strip!! I'm going to try that also! Love the color scheme. Ummm, is it just me or does he look like marshmallows? I sense another take on this technique...! Hugs!

Lisa Minckler said...

This is so much fun! I love your design for the marshmallow snow man. Super job on this card Jeanette :)

Barb said...

Too cute--can't wait to see this sweet guy in person!

Liz Williams said...

Snowmen are only a dream around these parts!!LOL Thanks for letting me see what one looks like.

:: BlueInks :: said...

So cute this little snowman is! Great idea and execution.