Monday, August 6, 2012

Butterflies Take Flight

Linda hosted her annual Butterfly Card Swap in memory of the young son she and her family lost many years ago. I was delighted to be able to join her swap.

I decided to go with a neutral card with just a dash of color to add some pizzazz to it. I hope Linda likes it.






I can't wait to show you the inside. I did something a bit different than my usual inside... and I love it!



Isn't that fun?!?!


Butterfly Images: A Muse Papillon
Flower Image: A Muse Avian Notes
Sentiment: A Muse Sunny Side of Life
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: Paper Company Black and Boysenberry and Stampin' UP! Very Vanilla
Designer Paper: DCWV The Far East Stack and Paper Studio Butterflies Glitter
Embellishment: Michael's Organdy Ribbon

18 comments:

Linda said...

Linda loves it!!

Linda said...

Linda loves it!!

ParkNSlide said...

Absolutely lovely...great color choices. So elegant.

Margaret said...

Wowzers! That is gorgeous. I do love the color combo that your used. Fabulous!

NormaJ said...

This is gorgeous. The subdued background with that added touch of colour emphasizes the butterfly image perfectly.

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Jeanette! Love the neutral color scheme with the little pop of color. Love what you did on the inside too...Awesome!!!

Ana Carolina Little said...

I love the elegance of this card Jeanette. Great backgournd, flowers and butterfly!!!. The little burgundy makes the card beautiful!!!

Barb said...

Stunning Card--I love the inside as much as the outside. What a wonderful design.

kiwimeskreations said...

Jeanette this is stunning - love your bold and dramatic stamping and colours, and the great design - outside and in.
Blessings
Maxine

Laura said...

Hello jeanette, I wanted to stop by and see what you been creating, and WOW!! this card is Gorgeous. I love what you did on the inside too. TFS

~Paola~ said...

an absolutly AMAZING card!!
Love all the wonderful details both inside and out!♥

AnnMarie said...

Absolutely beautiful card!! What a sweet thing too! :)

:: BlueInks :: said...

This is an amazing card. I am in love with the colors and your layout. A real winner this one is!!!

jimlynn said...

WOWSERS!! Jeanette, this is over the top wonderful! Love it!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a gorgeous card- LOVE the color and the 'pop' of color. She will LOVE this- how thoughtful of you!

kadie said...

This is stunning, Jeanette. I love every bit about it, especially those stamped butterflies inside--perfect touch!

ktfabian2 said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! This is my first time to your blog, and I have to laugh at your title. I constantly remind my hubby that my crafting is cheaper than therapy! I love your card!

AmethystCat said...

beautiful card!!!