Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vintage is NOT my Style

I love serving on design teams. I love it for a variety of reasons.

1. I get to meet/work with other crafters!
2. I get to share my joy of creating with others.
3. I have an excuse to get inky every week.

Oh..... and sometimes it nudges me out of my crafting comfort zone!

That's the case this week with the Twisted Tuesday Challenge.




July 3 - 9

The challenge: Make a vintage style creation


The Twist: Use stripes somewhere on your creation
 
 
Now before you see my card, let me remind you, IT IS NOT NICE TO LAUGH AT ANOTHER CRAFTER'S ATTEMPT. (BTW, I don't normally do vintage.)
 
 
Okay, now that we have that settled, here's my card:
 
 

It is much to blah for my liking. UGH!

I do like the flower, though:




And here's a close up of the tag:


 
 
Of course, the inside has a little something, too:
 
 


 
Oh dear! Vintage is NOT my Style!
 
 
 
But you have a week to participate in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge. Show us your Vintage Style with Stripes!
 
 
Images: Stampin' UP! Aged to Perfection
Ink: Stampin' UP!
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Mellow Moss and Very Vanilla
Designer Paper: Anna Griffin Stripe and Paper Studio Country Red
Embellishments: Prima Flower and Stampin' UP! Grosgrain Ribbon, Hardware, and Twill

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Don't know how you can say this isn't your style Jeanette - as it's wonderful! Love the stripes in the background, the tag, and the flower!
So pretty!
Lynn

Ana Carolina Little said...

The colour combo is perfect, the flower is really vintage, the layout is great... I don't know why you keep saying is not your style. There's always a first for everything... now keep going on the vintage style because you are doing it really well!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Well, vintage likes you! I really like the layout, colors and details. The little tab on top of the tag is awesome!

Athina said...

The colors are great for vintage. My favorite shades for Christmas! The doily adds a great touch of vintage!

AnnMarie said...

It is beautiful! You did a great job! :)

Heather B said...

It's not my style either! But sometimes it's fun to play, right?