Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Went Back to My First Love... ;)

As you've probably noticed, I love to color. My Copics are my prized possession (if the house were on fire, and my family safe, I'd grab my Copics, family photos, and my pillow and dash to safety. LOL!) I rarely make a card that doesn't contain an image to color.

That being said, I remember, way back when. When I first started making cards, I was a Stampin' UP! images, ink, etc. kind of girl. I didn't even know about coloring images back then. I know... GASP! Soooooooooooo for this card, I decided to go back to my first love (no coloring)... and I had so much fun!







Here's the inside of my card:






Image: Stampin' UP! Mixed Bunch

Ink: Versa Mark

Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Baja Breeze, Cranberry Crisp, and Marigold Morning

Designer Paper: My Mind's Eye Simply Delightful Paper Pack

Embellishment: Foof-a-La button

15 comments:

Barb said...

Cute Card--but I am missing your awesome coloring skills!

jimlynn said...

No coloring needed at all on here and it's wonderful! Love the DP you used Jeanette..........and your pillow????? LOL! I'd probably have to grad the dog and maybe even the husband first! LOL!
Lynn

April said...

Jeanette,
What a pretty card...but, like Barb, I miss your coloring too! But, thar design is so very versatile!

Margaret said...

Great job on the card with NO COLORING! How could you. LOL! I love to color also and rarely make a card where I don't use my Copics.

~Paola~ said...

Look at this gorgeous punched out flower card!♥ I happen to know you do love your punches too (besides coloring) and this card is a great testament of that. Having said that...I too miss your skillful coloring...mm...I am therefore lovingly challenge you to create a punch art card WITH a colored immie included too *wink & smile*♥

paige said...

Love this fun card! Great way to use those bold patterned papers! Great job!

kadie said...

Lovely card, Jeanette! It's inspiring me to get back to my roots too! (and I love you said they would be 1 of the 3 things you'd rescue if need be). :)

Melina said...

This is so cute! I love the curved panels :)

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

SUch a pretty spring card!

Athina said...

It is nice to go back! Very cute design. Love the mme paper!

Marilyn said...

This is so nice Jeanette! As much as I love my Copics, sometimes I think it would be good to just use paper and embellies and here you go and prove it! I really do like this... I love the simplicity and elegance all at the same time. Oh yes... that little button is the best.

Patty Gorka said...

Super card, love the punched flower! I find it hard to make a card without coloring, that's a great challenge.

Patty Gorka said...

Super card, love the punched flower! I find it hard to make a card without coloring, that's a great challenge.

Darlene said...

Sounds like you had great fun with this card, Jeanette! Sometimes I go back & look at my very first cards, and it's like greeting old friends, so much has changed, but the love remains! ha ha. Love that punched flower and what fun DP you chose to use. Love the inside accents too!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I too started in the 'Stampin' UP color family' and it wasn't for lined images!!!

I really like the colors you chose to work with. The finished product is just perfect. It is nice to see a non imaged card [note to self].