Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thrifty Ribbon Storage

I love going to thrift stores. Since I lost so much weight in 2010, I have found it to be an economical way to clothe myself. But I also love looking for treasures to use in my crafting as well as things for my home. I actually make it a practice to go to a favorite thrift store here in my town every week. It's run by the Career Development Center (CDC) which employs disabled people. My son works for the CDC, though not at their thrift store, so I like that I can support his employer with my thrifty purchases.

So, yesterday I made my trip to the thrift store. With just $12.00, I purchased some great items - four shirts, a pair of pants, a pair of capris, a sweater, a rubber stamp set, and this...





Granted, I have no clue what "this" is, but I saw potential in it. Remember from a previous blog post, I found a CD/DVD stand at this same thrift store and now use it for my larger paper punches storage. If you missed that blog post, click here to see how it looks.


I carefully unwrapped the packing tape and assembled these two items. hmmmmmm... I still think my plan might work.





I retrieved the storage bin of larger rolls of ribbon (the ones that had too much yardage on them to put in those little drawer units where I organized all my ribbon).





I'm so excited!!! My idea worked!





15 comments:

jimlynn said...

Wow! If you aren't the thrifty one!! LOL!
I don't know what this is either but it turned out to be perfect for the ribbon!!! Great find! (I also love the thrift shops.....I can always find something to tote home!)
Lynn

Holly Young said...

Great find!

April said...

Wonderful idea...and what a bargain!

~Paola~ said...

woww look how awesome your new finding turned out!! So happy for you :o)
Very clever idea to showcase your ribbon Jeanette! Love it!! ♥

Darlene said...

CONGRATS!!!! This is brilliant! I wonder what it's original use was? But I am positive that it's much more suited to ribbon storage, ha ha. Clever find on your part!

Melina said...

Jeanette, you are so good! I never find things like this! Great find! :)

MiamiKel said...

How cool! What a great find! Remember when Michelle found the Cricut Machine in Goodwill! GAH! This is a great idea to repurpose the shelf - does it hang or is it free standing? I am reminded of your Garage Sale finds posts with this lovely post today!

Ana Carolina Little said...

WOW Jeanette. That was an excellent purchase!!!. I bought lots of baskets and cute boxes on Thrift stores for my office. It's amazing what you can find sometimes!!!.

paige said...

cool find! I'll have to make a trip to our thrift store to see what can come home with me!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I love how creative you are! Oh and the fact that you have no idea what this is!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How cool is this- perfect storage for your ribbon!!! I love thrift store purchases!!!

Lori said...

You are a smarty pants! I don't know what those things are either, but they're perfect for your ribbon spools!

Lori said...

You are a smarty pants! I don't know what those things are either, but they're perfect for your ribbon spools!

Patty Gorka said...

What a great find and a wonderful way to keep your ribbon organized.

Heather B said...

What a find!!!