Thursday, March 15, 2012

All That Glitters Is Not Gold... It's Dazzling Shamrocks!

It's time! It's time!!! Time Dueling Darling time!!!

On the 15th of every month the Divas and the Dazzlers get to show off their theme-appropriate creations. This month, Michelle was the hostess for the Dazzlers and Barb was the hostess for the Divas. They chose a St. Patrick's Day theme.

Michelle's kit ws full of so many fun items, including designer papers, embellishments, and even an Irish Blessing. She told us we could add an image of our choice, so I went with a freebie digital coloring book page that she gave us the link for and printed out the adorable little St. Patty's Day Bear. Isn't he cute???







Michelle also challenges us to describe any St. Patrick's Day traditions that we have. Hmmmmmm... I thought... and thought... and thought some more........ and came up with NOTHING! I guess there's not an Irish bone in my body, because I usually don't even remember to wear green on St. Patrick's Day, and I don't like corned beef (though I do like cabbage). I'm sorry, Michelle. I hope I don't get kicked out of the Dueling Darlings over this!

Speaking of the Dueling Darlings, let's go see what they made...



DAZZLERS
April









DIVAS











Image: Digital Coloring Page

Ink: Copic Markers

Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Black and River Rock

Designer Paper: Basic Grey Origins Sugar Pea, Echo Park This and That Dots & Plaid, and Remisisce Shamrock

Embellishments: American Crafts Ribbon and Cording, Archiver's Glitter Shamrock, and Pebbles Inc. Button Candy Dots

11 comments:

April said...

Oops, I need to go back and tell my traditions...we will both be on the corner if not!

Your card is adorable! Free is great for your bear and I love how you put your card together! I always am jealous of your interiors!

Barb said...

Outstanding! Your card is perfect--that image is too stinkin' cute and I love the huge shamprock! I think the colors are wonderful and as usual, the inside of the card Rocks!

You sure had some fun items to play with from Michelle--and your card shows!

Judy McMullen said...

What an adorable card, Jeanette!
That Irish teddy bear is so cute and you've colored him perfectly! Love those awesome d.p. and how you've showcased them in this terrific St. Paddy's day card!
So pretty inside and out!

Irish you a blessed St. Patrick's Day!

Carol W said...

What a great card Jeanette...love your little bear...he is colored to perfection. The layout and the dsp you used are amazing...so sharp. I love how you used the shamrock paper on the plaid...it looks wonderful. I also love the inside...you are an inspiration...and who couldn't love that glittery shamrock in the inside of your card...well done my friend, well done.

Melina said...

Too cute! I love that digi! and I love how you used your papers! Great card J! :)

~Paola~ said...

awww...such a sweet darlin bear immie Jeanette...love its soft coloring and all the beautiful d/p you used inside and out and this card layout is awesome too...
You certainly rocked this challenge Jeanette!♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

Okay, I'm overlooking the fact you forget to wear green on SPD and don't like corned beef! Now, on to your adorable card!!!

Love that image. You can just feel his cute little smile! You cut it out well, leaving the bit of white to pop it out.

Very cute. Yes, you can stay in the group. Yes, we will try to convert you! ;)

Great job!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love St Patty's Day images! What a fun fun card!!!

Darlene said...

Well, this adorable image is so dang cute the way you've colored him and the mounting/layout is perfect!!
He just makes me smile. I really like your card this month.
(I have zero Irish traditions here either, so I guess I'm joining you in the corner...)

Terry Ladwig said...

As usual great card inside and out Jeanette!

Love your layout and that cute teddy image.

I admit I do not like corned beef either...you have nothing to worry about because you're a Dazzler for life!

dweatter said...

Wonderful card! I love your image and it is colored so wonderfully. Love your layout and placement of embellishments. Really like the shamrock placed inside.