Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Whoo Whoo! Whoo Loves You?

I truly do love and appreciate all my blogging friends who regularly come to my blog to see what I've been working on. You are a treasure in my life!

I am sure that we all have cards that we've made that we really like..... and then there are the cards... you know the ones I mean. The ones we look at and say, "UGH!"

Today's card is an "UGH!" card. (I'm sorry!) I had the assignment to make a card using a Taylored Expressions image. I love Taylored Expressions stamps so thought this would be an easy task. WRONG! I chose he adorable pair of owls in a tree image... this stamp was a gift to me from my online friend Joan. THANK YOU, Joan!!! I love this stamp!!!

However, "UGH!" is all I can say about my card.



Truthfully, the only thing I do like about my card is the simple aspect I added to the inside of the card.




I used my Stampin' UP! trio-heart punch to punch three hearts onto the front card base before adding the layers to the front of the card, which allowed the Early Espresso cardstock to show through.

I'll try to do better with the next card I make and show you............. as I see it, it can't get much worse.


Image: Taylored Expressions


Ink: Early Espresso and Copic Markers


Cardstock: Stampin' UP!


Designer Paper: from my scrap file


Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Jeanette, I don't think it's an "UGH" card at all! I like it a lot and that cute little image is just precious. Love how you used the hearts on here too.
Lynn

:: BlueInks :: said...

That image is adorable....so you! Of course our Joan would know that.

I think that you worked it well. I like the colors you used and the hearts galore are just perfect.

No ughing!

Lisa Minckler said...

It's wonderful!!!! Love that punch too...use it all the time. Great idea the way you used it here. :)
hugs,
Lisa xx

April said...

We are our own worst critics! Not a bad card t all! I like te inside also!

Shelly Schmidt said...

We are always harder on our own projects...... I think your card is great- love the owls and all of the wonderful hearts!

Darlene said...

What's to "Ugh" here???? Not seeing it at all, my friend! Joan certainly pegged a great stamp for you, love those cute owls & the hearts add extra interest to the layout. Lighten up on yourself, this card is great!