Saturday, December 10, 2011

I'm Having SNOW much Fun!

Oh my goodness! I haven't posted to my blog in about 10 days - that's CrAzy! Have you missed me? I've missed all of you!!!

My life has just been WILD! We had all of our children home for Thanksgiving - which I thoroughly enjoyed! Then soon after they went back to their respective homes, I started transforming our home into the Christmas forest that it now is. If you follow my blog, you'll remember seeing the pictures of all my Christmas trees last year - if I recall, I took 3 days to post them. LOL! Yep, I have way too many trees for most people. In fact, my daugher's 9th Grade English students think her mom is totally bonkers. (hmmmmmmmm... they might be right.)

You also probably remember that we moved this summer - to a house less than half the size of the one we left. I was so worried about how I would cope when it was time to decorate for Christmas, and I will confess it hasn't been totally without tears. I've had a melt-down or two. But now - with my 25 Christmas trees in place - I'm a happy woman!

I digress, though. You didn't come here to hear about my crazy addictions. Well, maybe you did..... but most likely you came to hear about my OTHER addiction - cardmaking - and to see one of my creations! Soooooooooooo...



Here she is:


The sad thing is, I actually made this card back in November (for Barb's Whipper Snapper / Penny Black swap) but didn't have time to even attempt to post to my blog, so she's just now making an appearance here.

I hope you like her, nestled in the brances of one of our trees.

The snowflake on the card is actually a Christmas ornament. I bought them at Wal-Mart and thought they made adorable, glittery embellishments for cards! YAY! My two addictions meet!!!




Now, just in case you're curious, here are a couple of pictures of some of our decorations for this year. Tee Hee! (I couldn't resist.)









Image: Penny Black

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers

Cardstock: Stampin' UP!

Designer Paper: from my scrap file

Embellishment: Wal-Mart Snowflake ornament and Recollections brad

10 comments:

Melina said...

Great card J! I love the circles peeking out from behind the image! Great sparkle from the ornament too! Your trees are spectacular as always and love your village. Can't wait to see more pics! :)

Darlene said...

Jeanette, we LOVE hearing about all of your wonderful "addictions"!
The card is adorable, (of course!) and colored wonderfully (as usual!) and such a fun, festive take on this joyous time of year! Creative embellie is perfect.
As in the past, love seeing glimpses of your Christmas trees & villages. Thanks for posting them!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

What a cute card Jeanette - and such a pretty christmas forest you are building !

Hugs ~ LJ

jimlynn said...

What a cute, cute card! Love that image too. Just adorable.
TWENTY FIVE TREES!!!!! Yikes! Can't wait for you to post more photos. How fun and festive - and a lot of work!
Lynn

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Jeanette, I love, love, love your card...so very cute...and your Christmas trees and decorations...WOW, WOW, WOW...awesome...big hugs,

April said...

Loving your card....and your personal fresh!
HUGGZ to you and yours....I know it has been a topsy turvy week!

Lori said...

Your card is so sweet - such an adorable image! WOW, 25 trees - that's awewsome!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just too sweet- I love the image and your coloring plus the ornament is a great accent! Wow- love that gorgeous tree plus the ladder....and the village- wow! I look forward to seeing more of your decorations!

Em said...

Cute card!

Very amazing Christmas decorations!! And wow! The ladder is made for small Santa!

Barb said...

First--love the card and it is even better in person!

I am so happy you posted pictures of your trees and they are as lovely as ever. I know you were rushed to get all of it done, but please sit back and enjoy the season--your house is so pretty!