Friday, September 23, 2011

Zucchini and Cheese = Perfect Side Dish!

I'm not normally one to lurk. LOL! I guess I should explain.

Kristyn (tryingtofindtime over on SCS) has a Side Dish Recipe Card Swap going on. I've been lurking for weeks and weeks, hoping to find time to join it. She didn't know. I was sneaky!

Time was running out... the deadline was looming. Soooooooo a couple of days ago, I created the prototype and then I asked to join. It's official. I am a Swap Lurker.



Here is one of the two recipe cards I created:






This is one of my favorite side dishes. I love zucchini, and this one is full of zucchini! I also love cheese, another ingredient. (Okay, there's that thing about eggs, I know my Forest Friends are going to wonder about that, since they know I do not like eggs... but this time, eggs are okay. Trust me!)

Perhaps one of the reasons why I like this recipe so much is because it was given to me by a dear Christian woman who was a member of one of our churches years ago. Felma was a beautiful woman and she had a beautiful soul! No one in our church loved to worship quite as much as our Felma did. She would sing in the coir with all of her heart in tune with the Savior.

Felma was not very old when she got the news - she had a brain tumor. We all prayed and wanted a complete healing, but Felma was content with whatever God wanted. He wanted her to come to Him, and she left us all too soon. So when I prepare this wonderful Zucchini Casserole for my family, I think of Felma, and I smile. I smile because I know that she is worshiping in Heaven with all the enthusiasm and joy that she has.

I'm so thankful that I got to know Felma!


Oh, and if you'd like to see the other recipe card I made for Kristyn's swap, you will find it on my S'more Inky AMUSEment blog.






Image & Sentiment: My Favorite Things Farm Friends

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers

Cardstock: Red and Black (vendor unknown)

Designer Paper: TPC Everything But the Kitchen Sink

Embellishments: Spare Parts Brads

2 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a cute recipe card!

A) I love that you are using a vegetable! *shocker*

B) I so love the story of, Felma.

C) I did not miss the cute 'say cheese' tag line!

Carol W said...

Great recipe card..I love the layout and colors....fun, fun, fun....