Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Sew" Glad We're Friends

I have the distinct pleasure of being part of a blog group - the Calendar Girls. We are a group of ten online friends who love to make cards. We encourage one another in our creativity and we just love hanging out together on Splitcoast Stampers.

Each month, one of the Calendar Girls is the hostess of our challenge, which we post to our blogs on the 28th of the month. That simply means that she is the one who determines the parameters around which we will make our Calendar Girls card.

Debbie (affectionately known as lil' dj in our group) is Miss August. Here's the challenge she gave us:

“SEW” Glad We Are Friends!!!

Because I just love this entire group and it feels that we have been friends forever, I just wanted to say…”Sew” Glad We Are Friends!

So for this month’s card here are the requirements.

1. Please use the above sentiment on the card somewhere. Some of you may have a stamp with that sentiment-if so, that’s great!! But if not, just type it up on your computer and print it out. (Sorry…making you work.) LOL

2. Please use at least one button on your card. (Use as many as you like...but there has to be at least one.)

3. Please have stitching of some kind on your card. You can use a sewing machine, hand stitching or faux stitching using a pen.

4. Once your card has posted to your blog, please send your card to a friend telling them how much you appreciate them and that you are “sew” glad you are friends! If you want, you can tell us in your blog post who is receiving your card and how special they are to you.

5. I know there is a lot of cute DP and stamps out there with a sewing theme, so if you have those go ahead and use them. But if you don’t have them, don’t fret-they are not necessary. Just please have the sentiment, button and stitching on your card for sure.

Hope you enjoy the theme and HAVE FUN!!!


Easy peasy, right? Well, perhaps for some of us. (Tee Hee!) Be sure to check out the blogs of all the Calendar Girls (you can find links to them in my lefthand sidebar). You will discover that not all of us are handy when it comes to sewing. LOL!


Many of my stamps are still in boxes, waiting to be unpacked. I'm pretty sure I have some that have a sewing theme, but nope! I couldn't find them. So I decided to use a cute little Sugar Nellie stamp that I have. After all, it shows the sweetest little girl with her friend - Teddy Bear!



Here's my card:






You must must look at this precious image a bit closer. Isn't she sweet?





Did you notice the hand stitiching I did? I stitched an "X" on the cardfront (there's also one inside) and of course I just had to stitch the buttons on, too.




I really do hope to drag out my sewing machine one of these days and try using it to sew on a card, but that didn't happen this time. I'm sorry, Debbie. I hope you aren't too disappointed.



See, I told you there was an "X" sewn inside. I also put my computer-generated sentiment inside.

I hope you don't mind, but I prefer to keep the identity of the friend I'm sending my card to a secret. But I do love the idea! Thanks for a GREAT challenge, Debbie! I loved it SEW much!!!


Here's one last look at my card:





Now, let's go see what the other Calendar Girls created!




Image: Sugar Nellie Bedtime Maggie

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers

Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Buckaroo Blue and Soft Suede

Designer Paper: K & Co. (Buttons) and scraps from my scrap file (Check)

Embellishments: Paper Studio Buttons and Crochet Thread (Vendor Unknown)

11 comments:

April said...

Love your card! I think you fulfilled all of lildj's challenges successfully!
Bravo, my friend!

Terry Ladwig said...

Your card is super cute....and I love your stitching ☺ Your papers match the colored image perfectly, as do the buttons! I always seem to have a problem with that!

Great job Jeanette! Sew glad you are a Calendar Girl!!

MiamiKel said...

SEW cute, indeed! You definitely got top marks for all the requirements of the challenge! What a cutie image - colored to perfection, as always! Those buttons are just darling and the "x" to mark the sewing spot was ingenious! Happy SONday! x0x0

Carol W said...

Cute, cute, cute....X marks the spot...heehee...I love how you sewed on your buttons... (I used mini glue dots...)I love your sewed in X's and the image is so stinkin' cute..I love how you colored her, she is so happy and looks so content...I love the color, dsp and layout of your card as well....Well done my friend, well done...♥

Lauren said...

Very nicely done, I love the papers and your clever stitching. Just beautiful!!

Barb said...

Outstanding Card Jeanette!

Love the iamge--and yes, she is SEW cute! Your coloring rocks this card and I love the "stitched" X's on the card. Great Layout and such a cutie all over.

I am sure your friend will just love this card!

~Paola~ said...

awwww what a darling card! ♥ Sew perfectly executed with beautiful added detailed.I love the mother of pearls button d/p U used (actually have to admit that at first they look SEW real to me...lol) Wonderfully colored sweet image and the inside is just as perfect as the outside!♥

dweatter said...

I SEW love it! The image is just adorable and your coloring outstanding. Love the button DP - how absolutely perfect is that!?!? Great buttons and hand stitching. You did a great job!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

There you go again with the perfect paper for the card! Button DP, who knew?! LOL

An adorable card. The inside is as cute as the outside. Great job!!!

Lola said...

Oh my! She sure is a cutie and what perfect colors and the inside is just as beautiful.

Darlene said...

SEWWWW ADORABLE!! You always seem to have EXACTLY the right DP for an image! You've colored little Maggie wonderfully and the X's are a fun touch! Whomever receives this will treasure it, I'm sure.