Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We All Scream for Ice Cream

It's time for a Fresh Brewed Challenge


June 8 - 14


Theme: Lots of Yellow


I love this theme... reminds me of my Grandma, who has been gone for way too many years! Yellow was her favorite color! I loved going to the farm to visit my grandparents. There was always so much to do there - exploring the pastures/fields, wading in the creek (though Grandma could never find out because she was terrified of water), gathering eggs from the chicken house (but ewwwwwwwww, the smell, not to mention the occasional black snake stealing eggs), and on warm summer evenings, making homemade ice cream!!! I always got to sit on the freezer to hold it in place while my Grandpa and Uncle took turns turning the crank. My reward? I got to clean the ice cream paddle as soon as it came out of the freezer. Yum! Yum!!!


So, in memory of my Grandma (and her favorite color), I created an ICE CREAM card for this week's challenge!










Image and I Scream Sentiment: Fresh Brewed Designs

Simple Joys Sentiment: Vendor Unknown

Ink: A Muse French Roast and Copic Markers

Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, and Real Red

Designer Paper: Corina Nielson Breathe Paper Collection and Paper Studio Yellow With White Polka Dots

Embellishments: Studio 18 Rhinestones and Grosgrain Ribbon (Vendor Unknown)

5 comments:

April said...

Yep, it has some yellow...not even sure I have any in my stash....
You card is so fun, as always!

MiamiKel said...

Fun card, J! Love all the different papers you've paired together! What a sweet memory to think of grandma :) xoxo

dweatter said...

Wonderful card my friend. Love all your layers of paper. What a sweet, sweet memory of your grandparents.

kadie said...

This is awesome, J! And what a sweet tribute to your Grandma too!

Lauren said...

You make me feel like ice cream!!! Great card and a fabulous memory!!