Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm Lucky to Have Some Great Friends




Note: I have two blog posts today; this one and the summery one that follows it. Please check them both out!





The first Sunday of the month is always special....... because I get to hang out with four of my good online friends, the KitCats. We've been doing this for months and months now; I honestly can't remember how many, but it's been a long time. Each month, one of the KitCats serves as hostess and mails identical (or nearly identical) kits to all the other "kittens". We are enthralled with these kits, which often get petted (sometimes even drooled upon) prior to our actually beginning the creative process. LOL!


This month was no exception! Kelly sent out our kits and oh-my-goodness! THANK YOU, KELLY!!! I wish you could have seen all the wonderful items in that kit. Tons of designer papers (double-sided even), glittery buttons, flowery buttons, rhinestones, ribbons, and so much more. The images were too cute, too - MFT A La Mode Wishing You Luck - with a sentiment that says exactly the way I feel to have such marvelous friends as the Kit Cats!












(I usually put their names later in the post, but this time I put them first, because they are so very special!!!)


NOTE: Click on each name and it will take you to her blog, so you can see the other KitCat creations.




Here's my card:





Oh how I loved the soft and sweet designer papers in Kelly's kit. Honestly, it was so difficult to decide which ones to use! They are luscious... som of them even sparkle and shine.




Of course, I had to decorate the inside of my card, too:







I'm truly lucky to have Kelly, Lorie, Michelle, and Susan in my life!









Image & Sentiment: My Favorite Things A La Mode Wishing You Luck

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers

Cardstock: PTI White and Stampin' UP! Cool Caribbean and Lavendar Lace

Designer Paper: K & Co. Botanicals

Embellishments: K & Co. Bling Butterflies, Prima Mulberry Flower, Wright's Velvet Ribbon, Offray Organdy Border Ribbon, Glitter Button, and Busy Kids Rhinestones

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jeanette, wow great card, and I LOVE that DP you used. Check out my candy hun, would love it if you joined in!! Huggies, Frea

April said...

Great job, always love what the Kit Kats Kreate!!

MiamiKel said...

Ohhhh this is lovely and fresh and just brimming with summer flower fun! You've made one gorgeous card with the kit - thank you for embracing all the purple power and bling and shimmer and making it into something so awesome! Muah!
x0x0

Carol W said...

Oh Jeanette, what an awesome card..I think I need to take lessons from you and Kelly on decorating the insides of my card...your is amazing..You did a great job...

Lauren said...

Jeanette, great card, love the DP and the decotation inside!!

Lorie said...

Oh my! Jeanette, this is gorgeous!!! That paper is stunning, and our Kels sure nailed this kit. It's perfect for this time of year. So fresh and beautiful and filled with amazing color. The inside of your card is equally as stunning as the outside, and I love the way you used both the scalloped edge ribbon and the velvet ribbon together. Very nicely done! I hope I feel like hitting the craft room in a day or two to finish mine up.

Love ya,
Lorie

Margaret said...

Very pretty card and the inside is as beautiful as the front!

Anonymous said...

ooo - Jeanette! Amazing! I love the butterflies - they just pop and the way you carried it thru to the inside of the card is absolutely perfect.

And I am blessed to have you in my life too - we are a lucky bunch of gals aren't we!

Hugs!

kadie said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE!! I love how you matched the flower on the stamp with the flower on the card!!

*Susan* said...

Oh Jeanette, you've created a real stunner with Kelly's kit! Gorgeous soft color palette, and I love how you incorporated so many of the elements into your card. And I'm so impressed with how you decorate the insides of your cards, too. I'm sure it's such a wonderful surprise for the recipient to see all that beauty on the inside as well! Amazing job with the kit!

I, too, feel blessed to have you all in my life. A bunch of lucky kittens we are, for sure! {hugs & purrs}