Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hockey Nut




Sunday's are special - for many reasons.

1. I have the opportunity to go to church for worship!

2. It is a relaxing day in which I do very little work.

3. The Crafty Ho Challenge begins.




This week's Crafty Ho Challenge is a sketch challenge.

December 19-25



Here is my card:






This is the sketch:


Those of you who know me may wonder at the image I used. After all, there isn't an athletic bone in my body, nor do I watch sports. Have I gone nuts?!?!? No, not really. I actually purchased this image from Bugaboo Stamps some time ago to create a card for my chemo buddy at that time. She was a big hockey fan. And I think it's such a fun image. Besides, I thought maybe it would be refreshing to step away from snowmen and Christmas images for a change of scenery.




Enjoy your Sunday! And be sure to stop back by tomorrow to see something rather unusual here on my blog.



Image & Sentiment: Bugaboo Stamps NAS Hockey
Ink: Copic markers
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Black
Double-Sided Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishment: Stampin' UP! black Grosgrain ribbon

4 comments:

Hestia's Helper said...

Isn't it funny how we forget the "fun" stuff of winter when we get so wrapped up with Christmas?
This is a fun, refreshing reminder that there are lots of things about winter to love. And if it takes an ice-skating peanut to remind us, so be it!! (-:

Barb said...

Very cute card Jeanette--and I wonder what tomorrow brings to your blog.................

djones said...

Cute card Jeanette!!!

BlueInks said...

You are right, this image is cute and funny. You worked it well on the card!

Post a Comment