Monday, September 13, 2010

Yum! Strawberry Bread!!!


I don't know about you, but as the weather turns colder, one of my favorite ways to warm up the house is to turn on the oven and bake something yummy!


Anybody want some Strawberry Bread?





I created this recipe card for April's Favorite Recipe Swap. I really struggled with this swap. You see, I couldn't decide which recipe to use. My favorite? I don't think I have one... I use lots of recipes. And you all know I'm a pretty lazy cook.... if it can't go in my crockpot or the oven, it doesn't get made very often at my house. So I fretted and stewed over what recipe to use.

I finally decided on Strawberry Bread.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Want to know why?

Reason #1 - It is my favorite recipe from my mother-in-law. She has Alzheimer's now and no cooks, but when we used to go visit her she always had this delicious bread. It really is very good. Then, as her health failed, I would go and stay with she and my father-in-law for two weeks at a time. While there, I did all the cooking, but at some point during the visit she and I would make Strawberry Bread together. She'd remember that she wanted to have it because company was there (me!) and she'd fret that she didn't have any made. So we'd pull out her faithful recipe and head to the store to buy the ingredients. Some of my fondest memories of these few years was making bread together with her. And then after it was finished and we were enjoying the yummy bread, she'd tell my father-in-law that she'd made bread again! I my mother-in-law! So I chose to use her recipe for the Favorite Recipe swap.

Reason #2 - I had this Yummy Strawberry designer paper and wanted to use it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the house is rather cold this morning... so I think I'll go bake something!



Image: Art Gone Wild What's Cooking
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Black, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, and Real Red
Designer Paper: Paper Pizazz Yummy Strawberries
Embellishment: Stampin' UP! Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon

6 comments:

April said...

This is adorable!! I might even try it (the boys like strawberries, but I picked too many as a little girl and they aren't my favorite)....

MiamiKel said...

Fabulous! Very creative!

Anonymous said...

oh Jeanette...yummm....love your card and the recipie looks way yummy.....love the dsp and the layout...great job.

Barb said...

Love the story and the card is very cute! Any chance you can PM or email the recipe? It soumds delish!

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a great story. Thanks, for sharing! You always have the perfect DP for the project!

Michelle said...

Love your recipe card! What a great story.