Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Treasure Hunt - Whoo!!!

Whoo wants to see my Treasure Hunt creation?


This is my treasure:


A package of owl decals - cost 5 cents



Here's my card:


It looks quite simple... don't let appearances fool you!
I had a terrible time with the decal. It's one of those, let it soak and it will slip right off sort of things. NOT! I was about to think I was going to have to throw it away... but persistence paid off.
I used my Martha Stewart Grass border punch to create the green grass.


I think he's kind of cute!





Treasure Hunt Find: Meyercord Decorator Decal
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Black, Daffodil Delight, and Garden Green
Designer Paper: Reminisce Blizzard Blue
Embellishments: metallic brads

10 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Ohhhhhh I love it! You are so crafty! What a cute find, esp for you and your owl love, he's right at home! LOVE me that border punch, girl -- on my wishlist, and love what you've done with yours! It's Fab-whoooooooooo-lous, hee hee!

Michelle said...

Soooo cute! What a great and appropriate find! Very cute card.

dweatter said...

He's great!!! Love the card. The grass border punch and the bright moon behind the owl are just perfect!! DD will love it!

Anonymous said...

This is such fun - I just love these posts. Now maybe on of these days I'll actually get out and treasure hunt for my own self!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Jeanette this is absolutely fabulous I so love that image and the punched grass effect this is one ACE card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

April said...

Great card....
I think I would not have had your patience, but it sure did pay off!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Cute....and perfect :-)

Judy McMullen said...

Terific cards, Jeanette! Your owls are darling!! Persistence pays off!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Only you could find a 5 cent owl decal! Perfect!! I think I need that Martha punch.....

Emkay said...

Very cute card! Definitely worth your persistence.