Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let's Do Coffee!


September 16-22



Color Challenge: Brown, Purple, and One Other Color
(Any neutral colors are also allowed)








Stamp 'n Doodle Friends Forever



Doesn't this image make you want to meet a dear friend at your local coffee shop and chat over a nice cup of coffee?





I used my old/retired Stampin' UP! color wheel to choose colors for this card, since I can't remember ever before using the color combination of brown, purple, plus one other color. I was a bit skeptical at first, but really liked the color combination after I started playing with it.

What color will you put with the brown and purple?




Image: Stamp 'n Doodle Friends Forever
Ink: Copic markers and Copic Spica pens
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Creamy Caramel, Lavender Lace, and Not Quite Navy
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishments: JoAnn Crafts Essentials brads and Stampin' UP! Delphinium grosgrain ribbon

6 comments:

April said...

I love that card....the image is so fun....might have to go look it up!

MiamiKel said...

I wanna do coffee! This is such a sweet image, love the thought of sitting there at a coffee shop with a good friend and catching up and having a java good time! Beautifully done, my friend!

dweatter said...

Now who would have thought those colors went together?....but they do and they are great. Love your image and the DP is wonderful. Great card my friend.

Michelle said...

What a fun card! I'm with Kelly! Love the image and the color combo, would not have figured that one out on my own. Very cute!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

LOVE this card Jeanette! AWESOME use of the challenge colors:)

:: BlueInks :: said...

Yes, it makes me want to go to a coffee shop - oh and to have cute boots like that! Great job!