Monday, September 6, 2010

I Have an Attitude!

I tried and tried to create a card last night... it wasn't happening to my liking. (Am I the only one who ever has days like that???)


See..... I'm going to a card club on Thursday. It's the group I used to be part of, before my dear husband joined the Storytelling Spinners. Now I stay home with Brock so my husband can enjoy his new hobby. Well........ the Storytelling Spinners' meeting is canceled for this month so I am excited to be going to the card club. It's kind of like a shoebox swap. And the theme is Crafter's Choice... no parameters to narrow my creativity. LOL!


The only thing I know I want to do is I want to use a torn masking tape technique. (And I don't want to use images that need to be colored because that takes too much time at the card club.)


Here's the card I made:



I don't like it! So I'm going back to my Hideout to come up with another plan. LOL!
I hope you have a marvelous Labor Day!



Image: Stampin' UP! Working Woman
Ink: Stampin' UP! Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Ivory, and Kraft
Embellishment: crochet thread

4 comments:

dweatter said...

Well I love the masking tape technique...great job. And the sentiment/image is great!!!

April said...

I really like this card!! I definitely have days where things just do not come together like I had envisioned them....
I just might have to check out that masking tape technique....

MiamiKel said...

First, yes, we all have those days, I reckon :) I know I second guess myself all the time!

Second, YAY for free time for stamp club! I like your take on this card - so unique, with depth of character and texture, one that will for sure be a hit - most of us probably have never tried this, so it will give the other swappers a great chance to see/have a new technique!

Third ..... can you take me? :) Hee hee!

Enjoy!
x0x0

Marlene said...

LOL!!! Now that's my kind of card!