Monday, August 30, 2010

Christmas in August!

hmmmmmmm... still a bit warm to be thinking of snowmen, perhaps, but Carol is this month's hostess of the Sisterhood and she challenged us to make Christmas cards. How fun! I do love Love LOVE Christmas!




Here's my card:




This is the first time I've used this stamp set. It's created by Darcie's and I absolutely love it! I'm certainly going to want to add some more Darcie's stamps to my ever-growing collection of rubber. ;)
The sentiment inside reads:
Hope your holidays are filled with all your favorite treats!



Let me be the first to wish you a very Merry Christmas! (giggles!)


Carol, I hope you like my card! Thanks for giving us an awesome theme with which to work! Hugs!!!






Image: Darcie's Cling Mount Christmas set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' UP! Rose Red, VersaMark, Copic markers, and Copic Spica pen
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Blushing Bride, Garden Green, and Rose Red
Designer Paper: Daisy Bucket Wrapped Wishes Mistletoe Kisses and glitter paper from Target
Embellishments: KaiserCraft pearl

9 comments:

April said...

I hope I get one of these back in my envie....lol
That snowflake on the tree is wonderful~ You truly are so very creative!!

Michelle said...

Adorable card! Love the image and layout,very creative.

MiamiKel said...

Super duper cute! He's so whimisical and fun, love the shimmery "snow" paper - too sweet!

dweatter said...

So cute! Love your color combo. And your dp and the glittery paper is perfect for a snowman. The image is adorable and I love how you cut out the tree!!! Merry Christmas to you!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really, really cute card! I love the snow and the DP you used. Perfectamundo!

Robin Feicht said...

What a playful, fun Christmas card! Congratulations on your weight loss journey. That's quite an accomplishment.

Imke said...

Such a cute Snowman and i like the glitter paper. Really cool.

Lola said...

This is just TOOO cute! Love it, great sparkle, and colors.

*Susan* said...

You've created a really festive, whimsical card for Carol's theme! The snowman is adorable; I'll have to check out that stamp line. Love the color combo and the sparkly paper, too! :-)