Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Treasure Hunt - Wallpaper Isn't Just for Walls!

My most recent TREASURE HUNT produced some interesting finds. I had a difficult time choosing one to use for this week's Treasure Hunt post. Finally decided to spend a dime and get crafty!

Here's what I bought at a local Yard Sale:



a partial roll of wallpaper border - cost 10 cents


When I saw this treasure I was immediately drawn to the cut/shape of one side and thought it would surely be useful in my Treasure Hunt creation.





Here's a close-up of one of the cards I made:



And here's the other card:



In retrospect (they say hind-sight is 20/20), I wish I'd made a third card, too. I envision using the wallpaper border as the background designer paper on a card with a cute little girl image, colored with Copics, of course, and wearing a paper-pieced dress (cut from the wallpaper border). hmmmmmmmm... I may have to make that card soon.
Wherever you go this week, remember to keep your eye open for TREASURES along the way.
And remember, I TREASURE each and every one of you who take time to check out my blog!
Hugs!



Cardstock for Card Base: Stampin' UP! Sahara Sand
Designer Paper: Wallpaper Border found at a yard sale
Other Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishments: K & Co. Chipboard Glitter Letters, Stampin' UP! organdy ribbon, grosgrain ribbon, pearl heart buckle, and Kaiser pearls

5 comments:

kadie said...

Oh my goodness! What a great find and SUCH a clever way to use that wall paper!! These cards are absolutely beautiful!

April said...

Stunning cards!! I really like them- you are too creative to be my friend....lol....
But, I treasure you too!!

dweatter said...

Beautiful cards. What a great idea!!!!

Emkay said...

Both cards are gorgeous. A perfect way to use the wallpaper.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great use of the item. The cards turned out great!!!