Monday, June 28, 2010

Tip Toe through the Tulips




June 28 - July 4



This week's challenge is for everyone to use the same image. Go to the Squigglefly Challenge blog for all the details.



Here's my card:




I used a paper piecing technique for the image and like the way it turned out. The layout is simple, which I think is very suitable for this modern image.
This is my last creation as a Squigglefly design team member. It am both honored and humbled to have had this opportunity. Thank you to Holly, my team coordinator Maria, and all of my fellow team members. You are all an inspiration to me!!! I have enjoyed being part of the Squigglefly design team!



Image: Squigglefly Retro Tulips
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Blush Blossom
All Other Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishments: a scrap of ribbon and White Opal Liquid Pearls

8 comments:

April said...

What a neat card - I always love when you paper piece!!

Heather said...

Jeanette- What a great job paper piecing! Nice card.

Holly Young said...

Jeanette, great card! I love the way the paper piecing looks on this flower. I've enjoyed getting to know you through your term here at Squigglefly! Thanks for all the inspiring projects you've done!

Mary Ski said...

Great card. I guess I missed the Squigglefly challenge, I usually at least check it out. Looks like a fun one.

dweatter said...

Great card. Love the way you paper pieced the image. These colors are wonderful together.

Michelle said...

Cute card! Love the paper piecing!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Squigglefly was lucky to have you! The paper piecing looks awesome.

Darlene said...

Beautiful card, J! All of the extra techniques blend together nicely. So pretty!