Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Don't Like GLITTER

I don't like GLITTER! It is soooooooooooo messy!!!


That being said, my very good friend, Sweet P, is hosting a Glittery & Glamorous Swap.


I don't like GLITTER... but I joined
(cuz I like Sweet P).



Here's my card:




I don't like GLITTER...
but I kind of like my card!



I wish you could see my card in real life. It SPARKLES! (It must be the glitter... tee hee!)


The background paper is black GLITTER paper.

The train image and sentiment are embossed with a GLITTER-ful Embossing Powder.

The stripe was created with a piece of sticky strip and red GLITTER.



hmmmmmmmmmmmm... I still don't like working with glitter, but I like the results!





Image: Sampin' UP! Happiness Is a Journey
Sentiment: Stampin' UP! Whimsical Words
Ink: Versamark
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Brushed Gold and Real Red and Gina K Pure Ivory
Designer Paper: Colorbok Glitter Paper
Embellishments: Judi Kins Black Opal Embossing Powder, Stampendous Red Ultrafine Glitter, and gold brads

12 comments:

April said...

A wonderful, sparkly card!! I too hate glitter and love Sweet P...hehe

Your card came out great! I love that train!

Holly Young said...

Sure does make for a pretty card though Jeanette!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is GREAT Jeanette! Really good idea to put glitter on a sticky strip - much neater than glue:)

Imke said...

Hello Jeanette, i LOVE glitter and i LOVE your card. It looks really great. The train is such a great image.

Maria Matter said...

oh my Jeanette, I had to re read your title...you're only the second person I know who doesn't like glitter! lol It can be a mess and it hangs on you for days! lol I always thought that made it rather magical!!

Beautiful card, I can imagine how sparkly this is with the glittered paper!!
enjoy the weekend!
blessings

dweatter said...

Beautiful card!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

......but glitter likes you!

Stef H said...

it's gorgeous!!! and i hope you join in my new challenge starting up july 1st - it's all about the sparkle & bling - and you can get as messy as you want!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your card....keep working with the glitter and you will soon LOVE glitter too...lol...Great card!

Marlene said...

LOL!!! It IS messy...and I always feel like a pole dancer after working with it, all covered in it...ha ha ha. Love the card! It's GORGEOUS!!! Totally worth the mess!

MiamiKel said...

As my son would say, Holy Shrimp!!! This is STUNNING!! What a beautifully embossed image (0pps, glittered?) I agree, glitter = a disaster in my house! I have a challenge with it on my cards yet my kids sling it from one end of the craft table, into the carpets, thru the house, out the doors, on the dogs, lol!!!! How can I manage NOT to create a card?! You've certainly given us some inspiration with your beautiful card - Sweet P will just squeal with delight with this little number!! ::: standing ovation! :::

Darlene said...

HA!!! I thought that I was the only person who doesnt really like glitter!!! I was thinking that I had to keep it a secret lest others think I am crazy!! LOL Of course I also joined Sweet P's Swap - to stretch myself.
You've given me some good inspiration with this one. Thanks Jeanette!