Monday, March 22, 2010

A Smile Sets Everything Straight




Sew Many Cards is pleased to have Cornish Heritage Farms as a Sponsor this month.



Cornish Heritage Farms has been extremely generous in their prizes for the Sew Many Cards Challenge winners. They have also generously donated stamps for the design team members to create with.





Cornish Heritage Farms (CHF) is owned & run by Richard & Liz Pomeroy. Why the name? Richard & Liz are originally from Cornwall, England hence the Cornish Heritage & the 'Farms' is the 100 acre farm in north central Montana where they live & where all the stamps are manufactured. Richard & Liz believe in producing a high quality product so all the stamps are deeply etched, red rubber. CHF is a diverse stamp company in the fact that it consists of a variety of different licenses & styles, ranging from very detailed (Thomas Kinkade) to simple line art (Tom Fun Collection) therefore offering something for everyone.

I was so excited to get a new release Cornish Heritage Farms stamp set to work with for today's post. It is an awesome set called Emerging Dolphin - Smile. I would like to express my sincerest heartfelt appreciation to Cornish Heritage Farms, personally for the stamp set I received and on behalf of Sew Many Cards as well!

The Emerging Dolphin stamp set includes the gorgeous dolphin image as well as a stamp that says Friendship and another one that is a quote from Phyllis Diller, "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."




I wanted to showcase the dolphin image, so chose to use a joy-fold for my card layout. The dolphin image was stamped directly onto a piece of designer paper that has small specks on it, resembling air bubbles in the water. To coordinate with the image, I also used some seashell designer paper. I went with three pearlized purple brads as the classic embellishments for my card.

I used the Phyllis Diller quote on the inside. I wish I could show you a picture of the inside of the card, but my camera is being difficult this evening. I'm sorry!

This has been such a fun project. I cannot thank Sew Many Cards and Cornish Heritage Farms enough for the wonderful opporunities they have given me!





Image and Quote: Cornish Heritage Farms Emerging Dolphine - Smile
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' UP!
Designer Paper: from my scrap file
Embellishments: three brads

4 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

Jeanette I love this!!! Love the fold you used. Awesome job!!!! Absolutely spot on with the papers you chose to use, especially the blue speckled paper!!!! Gorgeous!

April said...

Another gorgeous card -- I am going to re-visit this fold b/c you posted such a fun card!!

Melina said...

Love your new blog look! Great card love the fold ;)

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous! love that speckled paper!!!
Blessings, Maria