Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sew Many Cards Easter Challenge




THEME: Easter Project
March 12-18





Sew Many Cards is delighted to have Stamps Alive sponsoring this week's challenge! Terri Olson, the owner of Stamps Alive, has offered a generous prize package for the Challenge winner.

SPONSOR PRIZE PACKAGE -- CUTTLEBUG COMBO EMBOSSING FOLDER -- DAMASK


It's always interesting to learn about the businesses who sponsor the Sew Many Cards Challenges. Terri Olson shares this information:

I started my business in 1993 to give me something to do. I had worked all my life and recently quit to be a stay at home mom to my new baby. I've always been interested in paper products and I didn't like paying full price for some of the things I wanted. So I started my business. I like to pass my savings on to others. I've made some really good friends over the years. I've always been a small business I only advertise word of mouth. Over the years I've kept as busy as I wanted to be.
It has been very interesting to see the hobby industry change over the years. I had a "scrapbook" store in my basement before Las Vegas knew what a scrapbook store was. I've dealt with Provo Craft the entire 17 years I've been in business and that has been fun, to watch them change!!

Thank you for providing quality products at a reasonable price, Terri! The longevity of your business speaks volumes to paper crafters!


Sew Many Cards - Olivia in Egg




In keeping with the Easter theme for this week's challenge, I made a card using the Sew Many Cards Olivia in Egg image. Don't you just love Olivia's face? So sweet!

I had some really fun pastel-colored Easter egg designer paper and I thought it coordinated perfectly with this image. For embellishments I used some sewing items - lace, ribbon, and buttons. I always think these go nicely with the Sew Many Cards images.

The sentiment Happy Easter completes the card.

I'd love to see your Easter cards, too. Be sure and create one soon and post the link on the Sew Many Cards Challenge blog. And good luck! I hope you win the Stamps Alive prize package!



Image: Sew Many Cards Olivia in Egg
Ink: Copic markers
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Close to Cocoa, Cool Carribean, Groovy, Guava, and Lovely Lilac
Designer Paper: Paper Pizazz Easter Eggs
Embellishments: Offray ribbon, Offray lace, Paper Studio buttons, and crochet thread

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fabulous idea and your colouring is fantastic.

kim.mom said...

SUPER CUTE!!! Love that patterned paper - looks so real!!!!

April said...

I agree - that paper looks too real!! Wowzer...another great card!

Holly Young said...

This is so cute! I love the background paper and the buttons!

~Jeri~ said...

Such a great card!! Love Olliver and the paper you used along with the buttons!

Deanette said...

This is really, really cute Jeanette! Nice job!

Tammy Miller said...

Cute cute cute, card, I love it Jeanette. Don't forget us over at Bugaboo, I hope to hear from you soon.

Janice said...

How cute is this!! I love it...it really pops!