Monday, January 25, 2010

Summer in January Challenge

Are you ready for some sunshine? Some warm weather? Anything but winter??? I know I am! That's why I was more than happy to play along with this week's Squigglefly Challenge. The challenge, should you decide to participate, is to create a summer card. Yes, I know it's January, but the challenge takes away the winter doldrums and let's the sunshine of summer in.




I used the Squigglefly Stained Glass Bee image for my card.
The pictures just don't do this card justice, I'm sorry. I printed out two of the digital images and cut out the square with the bee of one of the images. After coloring it with my Copic markers, I inked it entirely with Versamark and dipped it in Extra Thick Embossing Enamel and heat set it. I repeated this embossing process three times to get a really thick coating of enamel. It's quite striking, but the photo doesn't show that.
After coloring the main part of the image, again with my Copic markers, I added some detail with a gel pen and used a stipple brush to add some ink to the edges.
Putting the card together with many layers and a touch of grosgrain ribbon completed the look.
How refreshing... a Summer card in January!

Image: Squigglefly Stained Glass Bee
Ink: Copic markers and a gel pen
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Elegant Eggplant and Sage
Designer Papers: from my scrap file
Embellishment: Stampin' UP! Eggplant grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo - this is lovely! I really like those images and the layout/colors are perfect.

Holly Young said...

This is really such an elegant looking card! I love it! The colors are wonderful too. Great job Jeanette!