Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow

I know it's late in the day, and I've already made a blog post today, but I also wanted to share a card with you today.





This card was created for the monthly Sisterhood group swap. Michelle, our hostess for January, challenged us to create a card that represented us and our birth months. Eek! This was really tough for me. I was born in October. I did some research, but everytime I thought about my birthmonth, I came up with zilch in the creativity mode. As the month neared its end, I knew I had to do something, anything, even if it was wrong... so I stepped far away from my norm - there's NO COLORING on this card - and created a pink card (my month's color) with the theme of HOPE, which is my month's emphasis.


Being a Christian, when I think of hope, I think of the One who gives me Hope. He is very important to me, so this card truly communicates who I am.


The image I used, is a digital sentiment image by the new digital stamp company called Sugar Creek Hollow. Please go check out the site and become a follower. Tracy, the owner, is going to be giving away a gift certificate to a lucky follower on March 1.


Sentiment: Sugar Creek Hollow
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Perfect Plum and Pink Piourette
Designer Paper: Stampin' UP! Paper Flowers for You and Slumber Party Vellum
Embellishments: Classic Traditions Satin Ribbon, Gartner's Brides Collection Embossed White Shimmer Flowers, Wrights Iridescent Picot Edge Ribbon, and mini brads

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I absolutely love this card, and the message!

Judy McMullen said...

Jeanette, your card is beautiful and so you! Love it, love the message and love you!!!

Joseline said...

Thanks Janette for creating such a beautiful card with Sugar Creek Hollow's image. We hope to see more of your creations.

Hugs,
Joseline

Tracy Vinson said...

Hey Lady...this is so lovely. Do you mind if I post your card over in the store? Would love to feature your work. Tracy

Cassie said...

wow jeanette! i just adore this card. the message is so true isn't --- and how amazing when we are feeling down to feel his love wrap around us.
can't wait to see more of your creations!