Saturday, October 3, 2009

HAPPY hALLoween KitCat Style


I can't believe it! It has been a month now since the first (of monthly) KitCat Challenges. As you may remember, there are six of us who participate in this - Catherine, Kelly, Lorie, Michelle, Susan, and myself. One person sends kits to each of us and we create something using the image and papers in the kit. We can add to the items, too. This month Lorie sent us the most incredible package. It included a wooden frame for altering, designer papers, a piece of ribbon, buttons, images, and a glue stick and nail file to complete the project.

To be quite honest, I was a bit intimidated by this project at first. I'd never done anything like it before and it was causing me to think outside the box. But once I got started on it, I was amazed at how well it came together. Lorie was right; it was quite easy! And it was fun, too!!!

The images are Peachy Keen Stamps, inked with Memento Black ink. I used my Copics (Cadmium Yellow, Orange, and Pearl White) to color them. I chose to make the sentiment more personal by coloring the HAPPY ALL within Happy Halloween a different color.

The papers are double-sided, giving us many options for how to use them.

I love the big sparkly button and black grosgrain ribbon that Lorie included in the kit. I added a little piece of yellow hemp to tie the button onto the ribbon.

I can hardly wait to see what my fellow KitCats have done with this kit. Let's go take a peek...

Catherine – PAPERADDICT http://paperaddictcatherine.blogspot.com/

Kelly – SANDCASTLE STAMPER http://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.com/

Lorie – The Thinkin’ Spot http://www.thethinkinspot.blogspot.com/

Michelle – MISC. MICHELLE http://ticketbelle.blogspot.com/

Susan- Pink Flannel Pajamas http://pinkflannelpajamas.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Jeanette, this is just absolutely darling! What a beautiful combo of papers you've placed in just the right places to make this really pop! The brown is just divine! And the ribbon off to the side is sheer perfection - you did an amazing job with Miss Lorie's fabulous kit this month! I love how you added the image in the middle of the frame - suh-weet!! (I did that part wrong, lol! Oopsie!) You did a SMASHING job on the Kit-Cat this month!!!!! You learned something new and can roll with it (holiday gifts, m'friend!) It's just terrific! Love it (and you!)

Lorie said...

Well, my jaw is on the floor!! You have done a beautiful job here! I love the way you used so many of the DP's, and fit it all together so wonderfully! Coloring the HAPPY ALL differently was sheer genius!! I would have NEVER thought of that, and I love the idea!! AMAZING, my Kit Cat friend!! I LOVE IT ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful. It's so cool to see how everyone does things and ours couldn't be more different but that's the beauty of it! I love the side stripe on yours and the ribbon! I can't wait to do another one and steal some of your ideas.

Sandra MacLean said...

Jeanette, this is beautiful!! I love the colors you chose to go with and that ribbon and button detail - it's my favorite! :D

*Susan* said...

Way to go Jeanette! You were worried for nothing because your frame is just beautiful!! Layering the papers to highlight the ribbon was a fabulous idea, and one that I'll surely be borrowing from you. And I *love* how you colored the sentiment to read "Happy Halloween ALL" - just genius! Wonderful job my friend! {hug}

kadie said...

Jeanette, this is AWESOME!! I love the papers you chose from the kit and the layout and the ribbon detail and the stamp!! Beautifully done!!

Mary Giles said...

Jeanette this is just too cute! I LOVE the orange and browns together and the ribbon with the sparkle button give that extra pop of color. Fabulous job! I'm intimidated by 3-d projects too.

Catherine said...

Love how you mixed the papers and layered them to the left with your ribbon & button! Glad to see I'm not the only one drawn to the candy corn! LOL! Tis the season, though! Great job!

karen said...

You should think outside teh box more often! Great job!

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

BEAUTIFUL layout on your frame, Jeanette! I love all the colors you used and why not use that picture space for candy corn?! I think it's adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your project!
Sincerely,
KathyJ